Find Your Wild Monster

Meet Benny. He loves camping, collecting nickels, and chicken noodle soup. He lives with @Whistlefish and was created for the Spring 2021 Invite Your Partner swap. His body was made using watercolors and Brusho powders on thick watercolor paper, then affixed to a gelli print collage background for ultimate texture and grunge! I outlined all of the black lines for a glossy raised shine using Goosebumps spray. The Find Your Wild came from her Pinterest.

and here’s a closeup photo taken by Whistlefish to show a little more of his texture:

33 Likes

Well, hello there, Benny! Aren’t you a cup of cheer! I love all the textures and color variations. Also, I read that “he loves camping, collects nickels and chicken soup” and now I want to know a creature who collects a particular soup!

3 Likes

I’m not sure how he stores all of his soup, but maybe that’s what he loves to do!

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I have a neighbor who considers himself a connoisseur of clam chowder and tries to find the best around… maybe it’s more like that? :thinking: Although I love the visual of a shelf of various to-go containers of soup!

2 Likes

The textures you create are awe-inspiring. Benny isn’t just a slick monster, you can see the consistency of his skin. The shading on texture on his horns is incredible too! Love the background. It’s interesting without being busy. Everything about this is perfection!

2 Likes

How do you knock it out of the park EVERY. TIME??

Awesome!

3 Likes

Gah! So adorable!

2 Likes

Hi Benny!

great job as always @Kwality570

2 Likes

Hello Benny! You are so adorable! Well done painting him! :smiley:

2 Likes

That looks so awesome, love your style!

1 Like

You are the master of the monsters! Another wonderful job!

1 Like

Thanks so much for all of the lovely comments!

He’s amazing! So much charisma!

1 Like

Aww, Benny! He sounds like a rascal! The layering on his skin and horns is utterly supurb! Three cheers for nickels and camping!

2 Likes

Cute!

1 Like

I adore your monsters!

1 Like

THE NOISE I MADE WAS NOT HUMAN! I love this so much!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your monsters are one of this week’s featured projects! You rock!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

So cool. I love all the texture.

1 Like