Finished my 100DayFamilyTree project!

The tree goes back to my daughter’s great-great-great-great-grandparents. The frames are coloured for each person’s birthplace (blue for Scotland, red for England, pink for Canada, purple for France, green for Ireland, and orange for Jamaica) and each leaf is another child in that family.

Individual pictures and brief stories for each person at https://instagram.com/randomlygen/

(Some names / dates are smudged off for privacy purposes)

16 Likes

A closer look!

10 Likes

Whoa! This is epic!

1 Like

Ha! Thanks :orange_heart:

Beautiful! Genealogy is so fascinating to me and I absolutely love the way you illustrated yours. It’s great that you can go so far back :heart: This is a treasure for sure!

1 Like

Oh, wow, that is amazing!
You made a treasure for your entire family, that will be loved by all generations.
It’s just perfect!

1 Like

I’ve been following you on instagram and have loved reading everyone’s stories. Such a fascinating family!

1 Like

That’s very sweet of you!

1 Like

This is very cool

1 Like

What a wonderful project! It seems like a real challenge to make a family tree that can actually be fully represented on a tree image. WELL DONE!

1 Like

Absolutely! My almost four-year-old daughter would not have accepted a family tree that wasn’t a “tree”! :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s really cool-- I like the leaves, as a nod to siblings who didn’t fit into this format.

1 Like

That is gorgeous!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

How cool!

1 Like

Amazing! Did you draw the tree by hand?

1 Like

This is amazing. It would be wonderful framed. What a great heirloom item.

2 Likes

I did!

All the faces were drawn in my sketchbook and scanned, then I organized the layout in Photoshop. Once I had everything set out the way I wanted it, I drew the frames and tree digitally.

I also used a website to make a font out of my own handwriting so I could just type all the words!

2 Likes

I am in such awe! Just. Wow.

1 Like

Incredible!

1 Like

Absolutely phenomenal!

1 Like