Finished My Late Aunt's UFO Apron, Adding My Own Twists

She has a grommet drawer! I love this woman!

1 Like

I bet your cousin will love this. And you! Destashing for the win! Did you invent that method of fastening aprons? Iā€™ve never seen that, but Iā€™m curious to try it now. There are a few of mine where that neck strap is so annoying.

Thanks everyone!

BAHAHAHAHAAA! I have this old set of small drawers that had been used in my great-grandparentsā€™ hardware store and then in my grandparentsā€™ garage. The drawers are small enough (apothecary- or card catalo- style) that they can only have very specific contents!

I did not invent it! It looks like a fairly common commercial kitchen style and I can see why. So adjustable! I also saw examples that might be more for woodworking (more pockets and such) and saw it referred to as a ā€œJapanese style.ā€ Many of those I saw with a similar set up also had grommets at the bib where the straps were tied instead of sewing in.

1 Like

This is a treasure!

Thank you!

Iā€™m not sure how I missed this, but it is so lovely! What an awesome memory piece for your cousin.

Thanks, @MistressJennie! Itā€™s easier to miss stuff on the new platform, but also easier to find new, unexpected projects!

1 Like