First Monster High doll wig

I am currently obsessed with Monster HIgh again. They are rebooting it (again) this year and I can’t wait.
I have had this Bee doll for a while, and I loved the concept but hated the wig on her. She was a CAM doll (create a monster).
I finally took the plunge and made her a wig. I don’t know what took so long. I love how it turned out. Wigs are so much easier than rerooting and I like the results more. Added bonus, if you decide to change the hair color or style, you just pull it off and make another one!

This is her original makeup. I am not nearly that good yet.
Here is her original wig.

I originally made it long, but cut it because of her wings. Here is a shot of it long.

I had some of the hairs turned a weird angle so I had to gel it. I also got some cute bobby pins just in case it decides to pop back up again. It was my first wig. Things are bound to happen.

Now I am so excited to customize more dolls!!!

15 Likes

I like it! She looks sleek and sassy. That length is perfect!

1 Like

This wig is exactly how she should have been in the first place!

3 Likes

The wig looks great ! X

2 Likes

While I like the long wig, I think the shorter length is perfect for this doll. She looks very sleek, and I agree with @TheMistressT - it’s like this is how she was meant to look all along.

I can’t wait to see what you do next!

1 Like

Well done you!
I have a Blythe that I have been holding off on rerooting…perhaps a wig is the way to go. Thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like

Seriously, try it. You will be so amazed at how easy it is, and cheaper too.

2 Likes

I can not wait for the reboot! You did an excellent job! I love Monster High too.

1 Like

Looks awesome with the gel but for future reference you should be able to flatten the hair fibers by warming them up. just have to be a tad careful not to melt. I did this with pro human sized wigs before.

3 Likes

Nice work!
It’s amazing what a change of hairstyle can do. Her face looks completely different. The new style looks very good on her.

2 Likes

super cute, and i love the blunt cut hair. it goes really well with her goth, winged vibe.

2 Likes

I finally get to look closely at this, after talking about it during the Winter Games Swap chat. I have no idea how to make a wig and do all that. I think you did a great job! I can’t wait to see more.

1 Like