Fish Gotta Swim

I am making sets of linen drying towels for some of my friends who are really into cooking and all things kitchen…that would not describe me at all!

This set is for my sister, who recently moved to a new condo on the beach. Her color theme is …yep, you guessed it…blue!

I first drew pictures of fish onto washable Sulky. I got inspiration from Pinterest and tried to find very simple patterns since these are meant to be used, dirtied, washed, etc. Sure didn’t want to spend hours embroidering!

They are embroidered on rough linen and then sewn onto the striped linen. Linen gets really wrinkly, but it also softens up with use. They will last forever and they do not lint. Rough linen also has a nice smell of fresh cut hay.

fish

I bought some larger striped linen that I am going to use to make her a runner for her table as well…would love to do an octopus or maybe some mermaids…we’ll see.

Thanks for looking.

23 Likes

These are wonderful! I love all the different little fishies and linen has such a wonderful texture :fish: :blue_heart: I’m sure your sister will love these :smile:

2 Likes

These are great! As a fan of blue, maritime, and linen, I would definitely use these in my kitchen!

1 Like

These little fishies really are the sweetest! What a happy kitchen it will make!

1 Like

These are definitely my favorite set of the ones you’ve done so far! Lovely fish, they remind me of @Smmarrt’s stamped ones… :smiley:

2 Likes

Absolutely lovely. The fish are so whimsical and fun. I love the style of them. The thread color matches perfectly and I love the white accents. I hope you do make an octopus and mermaid! I think they would be amazing.
PS. I would never use these. I would hang them to be displayed in my kitchen but they would be off-limits to touching.

2 Likes

These are beautifully done! Your sister will be totally thrilled, I have no doubt!

I can’t wait to see what you’ll embroider next!

1 Like

Thanks, all! I love making these.

Yes, I was so in love with @Smmarrt’s fish! A simple shape can be used for all sorts of stitches…no two alike!

I purchased some variegated blue thread to use on the runner since the design will be larger and doing just one color is difficult for me. I have picked out an octopus…I forgot she is not a fantasy creature person…the mermaids will have to be for some one else!

2 Likes

Love your fish and the contrast of the solid band against the stripes.

1 Like

Absolutely precious! And the gorgeous pieced assembly also means the back of the embroidery is protected, which certainly can’t hurt. I hope she loves these! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

These are so beautifully done my friend! Awesome work.

1 Like

lol nice way of saying that I get to cover up the ugly back of my stitching…lol…

2 Likes

Well, they’re JUST RIGHT! I love the linens and your stitched illustrations!

1 Like

HA! I was totally just thinking of wear and tear, funny lady. :joy: Also, Happy Birthday, @AIMR!! :birthday: :balloon:

1 Like

Those fish go perfect with the towels. Nice job.

1 Like