Flamingos instead of Other Projects

I was going to work on making more masks today but just did not feel like it…so instead, I decided to go with Flamingo February and make this hoop instead.

The background fabric is one of my favorites…I have a few scraps left…

I drew the flamingos freehand and cut them from felt…the embroidery was an afterthought and just some basic stitches that I know sort of…

The hoop is ribbon…it was pink, blue and yellow, but I carefully covered up the yellow with the wrap…

Combination of felt and embroidery…

Happy Flamingo Friday in February everyone!

35 Likes

Oh my word, that is fantabulous. I can’t wait for @Edel to wake up and see this beauty! Gorgeous!

3 Likes

It’s beautiful! And, I love how your “just go for it” attitude creates such lovely pieces of art!

I need to embrace Flamingo February in some way because the town I teach in was home to the original pink, plastic flamingo. I will need to think on this, but you’ve inspired me!

2 Likes

I have always wanted a flamingo Christmas tree but the cost of plastic flamingos is incredible!

I might get one or two for the back yard…I do love them!

2 Likes

This makes me smile, see … :smiley::grin::smiley::grin::laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

I approve of Flamingo February instead of making masks. I hate making masks. So much so that I just buy them even though I could make my own. Nah. Flamingo February for the win!

Everything about this hoop is perfect! The flamingos are adorable! The embroidery stitches were a great call! the way you wrapped the hoop. The bow at the top.

This is stellar!

4 Likes

For an unplanned project…Wow! It all works together so nicely!! I especially love the ribbon you chose to wrap your hoop. :heart:

2 Likes

This is so cheery and loaded with charm!

4 Likes

I wish I had bought one before the original factory closed. I know another company bought the molds/dies for them, but I haven’t bought one, yet. I did run across one for sale at a coffee shop, but I didn’t have the money at the time.

3 Likes

Some of the projects I like the best come to me when I just start and make it up as I go…the ribbon was in my stash…It was pink, blue and yellow…I used fabric glue to help hide the yellow…just a lucky find!

3 Likes

This is so beautiful :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

It is nice to have a theme and inspiration from people who keep things happy and fun!

I put this all on three people for inspiring me: @magpie, @edel and @Cindy!

2 Likes

So stinkin’ CUTE!

2 Likes

This is so cute! Love the combination of felt and embroidery.

2 Likes

This is great, so cheerful! Don’t forget you could always make a flamingo mask :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

:wink:

1 Like

This is just darling! Awesome job!!

2 Likes

It’s cute!

2 Likes

They’re perfect!

2 Likes

@AIMR this is fabulous! I love everything about it.

2 Likes