Flat-Bottom Drawstring Bags!

Hi there! I joined the “Make a Pouch & Fill It Swap” and made this bag for it! I’m still more of a novice sewing so I was a bit hesitant. I made hundreds of face masks, so I’ve leveled up a bit. I was so pleasantly surprised how easy and how beautifully the bag turned out! Once I made the one, I got the drive to make more and I made up a bunch as end of the year gifts for my girls’ teachers. I got the pattern from etsy, and I will link it below.

Drawstring Bag Pattern Link

27 Likes

Haha, I do the same thing! Once I find something I like to make, I bulk make it!

Cute and useful bags!

2 Likes

I especially do it with sewing! I’m like, hey I can make that so I’m gonna make it a ton! Got my money’s worth with that pattern. I’m going to make a ton more for Christmas.

4 Likes

Those are so cute! The one with the oranges is my favorite. They’re all so cheery!

1 Like

They’re beautiful!

1 Like

WOW! These are really nice little drawstring bags! The lining and the square bottom really makes them, dare I say, fancy. I’m sure the teachers will love them.

3 Likes

These are lovely. Great job coordinating fabrics. :heart::heart:

1 Like

Okay, I kind of love these. <3

1 Like

These are really great! They do look pretty fancy with that flat base. They are also a great way to ‘hero’ a cute print or six!

Thanks for the link to the pattern, the store owner might wonder why she sells a whole bunch of these patterms soon!

2 Likes

Very cute! I love the square bottom and also your fabric choices!

1 Like

:icecream: WooooOOOO hooooOOOO! Your super great craft is one of this week’s Featured Project! :cupcake:

2 Likes

These are super cute! They would be great for Christmas too. I love them. You chose great fabrics too.

2 Likes

Very cool! I think I am at a similar level of sewing capabilities – I will check this out. I love the style of that bag!

3 Likes

I love a nice, easily repeatable sewing project! Your fabric combos are fantastic, too. Thanks for sharing the pattern link- I might have to add these to my repertoire.

3 Likes

These all came out really nice! What a fun and useful pouch. These would make such nice gift bags all while being a gift in themselves! The first one with the mushroom fabric and gray canvas bottom is my favorite!
Just a few minutes ago, I was thinking how I don’t really have time to add any new projects to my list of projects. Now, I’m thinking I’ll go check out that pattern, lol.

1 Like