Flat Rate Box Swap Idea

I just saw this at my local PO yesterday when I was shipping a package. They had crossed off the old price that was on a sticker and wrote the new price on the boxes on the top of their display with a black marker. Very weird. I thought maybe someone just came through with a marker to be funny, but I’m glad you confirmed.

3 Likes

wow! Ours proudly displays a sign “In 3 months from now we’re raising your rates!” they usually have an image with the old price crossed out and what the new price will be and encourage you to “ship now before the rate increase”

1 Like

That’s weird. Half the country has a higher rate and the other gets three months? I will leave the new increased prices on the thread. I’d rather someone gets pleasantly surprised by a lower rate than getting hit with more than they expected.

3 Likes

No I think the rate changes at the same time nation wide, ours just will advertise that fact for about 3 mo prior to the increase. I think its a marketing ploy as well to increase shipments before that date

2 Likes

Okay. I was going to come back and tell you to ask your P.O. because it was supposed to take effect on Jan 9th nationwide.
I wish mine would have given the heads up!

2 Likes

The sign-ups have officially started!

1 Like

I am thinking of another round of this but for a small flat rate only. What does everything think? Small, or should we have a choice for a Medium box too?
Are people interested?
Small Flat Rate boxes sizes:
Outside: 8 11/16″ x 5 7/16″ x 1 3/4″
Inside: 8 5/8″ x 5 3/8″ x 1 5/8″

and cost $10.20 to ship.

I am tagging everyone who joined the last round.
@endymion
@Lynx
@Bunny1kenobi
@jillybeans
@MightyMitochondria
@Bugaboo
@Amfkinney
@SonjaBoo
@lady4feet
@AntBee
@MelissaLeeDesigns
@Kwality570

4 Likes

Normally, I’d say yes, but I want to leave my shipping allowance for STS and I am finding that to send my LC Grab Bag to Canada in a small box, it will be over $20, so for me I’d say probably not now. I know there are a lot of swaps happening at Christmas time, but I wonder if this would be good then? I’m at a place in my life right now where the beloved 12 Day of Christmas swap (even at the half size offered last year) might be too much for me, but a low stress swap like this might be fun towards the holidays or right after.

1 Like

This swap will be only for the US, and the shipping is already known since it is using the Flat Rate box. It also will not be running at the same time as the STS. Plan to open sign-ups after the Grab Bag swap send-outs.

I hear ya, but regardless of them not being at the same time, I’m gonna have to pass this round. I start working full time at school again next week, too. I hope you get some interest because it’s a fun swap!

1 Like

I’d totally do this one again. It’s so much fun!

2 Likes

Thanks. Its good to know your limits on and when to swap. I hope to see you back soon!

2 Likes

I’d be in!

1 Like

I would be down.

1 Like

Count me as a “maybe”. Depends on a lot of factors that are uncertain at the moment.

2 Likes

this sounds fun

1 Like

Would you want it to be a small only, or open it up to a medium box as well?

1 Like

I’d probably choose small

1 Like

Sounds fun! I would probably just do a small.

1 Like

Small for me. :heart:

1 Like