Flat Rate Box Swap Idea

Make sure you vote for the timing. The poll is open to everyone. I think this will be a fun swap with less stress involved.

3 Likes

I am glad everyone still seems interested. Iā€™ll admit, I was a bit nervous about that. :star_struck:

2 Likes

I voted! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Voted. Iā€™ll gladly sign up for whichever time frame though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I may or may not have the bandwidth when this rolls around. I love the idea, but Iā€™ve been kind of easily overwhelmed lately and I donā€™t want to set myself up for a whole lot of stress if I run late. ^^;

5 Likes

I forgot to close the poll, but the results were clear. We are starting the swap on Feb 14th. Easy to remember, Valentineā€™s Day. :heart: You will have until the 25th to sign-up. I hope everyone signs up. That would be a lot of swappers!

9 Likes

FYI - you can go ahead and order boxes from the Post Office. They will send them to you free of charge if you would like to actually see the boxes before you fill out your questionnaires. I know actually having the boxes made it easier for me, even though I knew the dimensions.

2 Likes

Oh snap, thatā€™s a good idea

1 Like

I always have the 3 sizes/shapes on handā€¦I know Iā€™m a hoarder I know I know!

2 Likes

Sounds like youā€™re smart and use them often. I always use a random box and then get surprised at the Post Office. Ha!

2 Likes

I just make sure I keep one or two from previous swaps & packages on hand.

1 Like

Any other Canucks interested in this? We have flat rate boxes here too theyā€™ve got a weight restriction thoā€¦

2 Likes

I ship a lot and have learned when a flat rate is a good idea and when not! Basically within a geographical location use a basic box the flat rate costs more, shipping further flat rate!

@Magpie ours do as well depends on the post office if they really enforce it and the fact its suppose to be flat and taped without bulging

1 Like

I just ordered some medium flat rate boxes! Woot!

1 Like

Be aware prices seem to have increasedā€¦ small box is now $9.45 and medium box is $16.10.

6 Likes

THANK YOU!!! @endymion I had no idea! Yeah, that would have been even more sticker shock and thatā€™s what I was trying to avoid. Ugh. I wish they would stop hiking the prices so high. Itā€™s getting insane!

5 Likes

I just saw this at my local PO yesterday when I was shipping a package. They had crossed off the old price that was on a sticker and wrote the new price on the boxes on the top of their display with a black marker. Very weird. I thought maybe someone just came through with a marker to be funny, but Iā€™m glad you confirmed.

3 Likes

wow! Ours proudly displays a sign ā€œIn 3 months from now weā€™re raising your rates!ā€ they usually have an image with the old price crossed out and what the new price will be and encourage you to ā€œship now before the rate increaseā€

1 Like

Thatā€™s weird. Half the country has a higher rate and the other gets three months? I will leave the new increased prices on the thread. Iā€™d rather someone gets pleasantly surprised by a lower rate than getting hit with more than they expected.

3 Likes

No I think the rate changes at the same time nation wide, ours just will advertise that fact for about 3 mo prior to the increase. I think its a marketing ploy as well to increase shipments before that date

2 Likes