Floral A-Line Skirt!

So I have shared before but I started doing some pattern testing for the digital pattern brand/group Ellie and Mac. And they just released their Adult Button Up A-Line Skirt! This pattern used all woven and I haven’t really made clothes that are out of wovens (partly because I haven’t made much for clothing yet). So I was a little nervous but it turned out super cute!! It went together really quick as well. Once I had my fabric cut I got it sewn together in a day including the button holes and buttons. I did have to do some adjusting on the waist as my hips are bigger and then my waist just goes in. But it adjusted easily (not sure that I did that right XD)

I need to work on smiling for photos tho XD

I do have an affiliate link and the pattern is on sale if you want to try making it. The sale ends Sunday.

9 Likes

It turned out so cute! It looks like there are pockets, too, so YEY! Would you consider making your pictures a little bigger so we can see the details a little better?

1 Like

There is a pocket option. I didn’t do them. It’s probably my so-so waist fix :laughing: it was a good three inches big on my waist each side.

Oh haha! It looks like your hand is in your pocket on that second pic to my old eyes! Thanks for making that other photo bigger!

2 Likes

I see that now XD

1 Like

It turned out super cute! Nice job.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m super happy with it!

Really cute! I might have to seriously look into this pattern…

1 Like

It was really fun!

1 Like

Yeah, I jumped in and bought the pattern while it was on sale. Doubt I’ll have time to do anything with it for several months, but I’m partway there! :grin:

2 Likes

I have a ton of their patterns. They do dollar sales once in awhile so I’ve bought quite a few. Only made like three XD

The skirt turned out really neat. I think you have the model glare down pat! :wink:

2 Likes

Lol thank you! I was just too focused on getting the right angle.

1 Like

Really cute skirt, I love the look of a button up!

1 Like

Thank you! I liked that detail as well. (not making it the button hole stitch took forever to figure out XD)

1 Like

I really love how this pattern company is so inclusive and show real people making and wearing their clothes. I just find someone who has a similar shape to see what it would look like. It helps me decide on several things like fabric, adding pockets, length, etc.

It is cool now that I know you are a tester! I will hunt for you when they send me emails on the new patterns! I love the floral print you picked. And, yes, smile for the camera!

1 Like

Ah that’s so sweet of you! I need to get better photos if I’m going to be in emails XD

1 Like

I really like the buttons gracing the front of the skirt! You did a really nice job on this. Have you been getting a lot of use out of it since making it?

1 Like

I haven’t really worn it :laughing: I don’t wear skirts at work since I work with pre-k and am on the floor half the day. And then weekends I go for comfy leggings. Might have to wear it somewhere soon now

1 Like