Flower Kusudama Ball

I learned how to make the flowers years ago, but never bothered to make enough to assemble a ball. It has bugged me all this time and I just had to make one :cherry_blossom:

It took 60 post-it notes for all the petals! plus two more for the butterfly.

I am not sure if I am happy with the design of the stuff hanging off the bottom. I think that I would have preferred a tassel, but this was the best I could come up with, with what supplies I had.

I would love to try to make other kusudama designs, but this one was nice and simple, which was well suited for my limited origami skills :laughing:

22 Likes

really? it looks super complicated! and really nice. I like the dangles off the bottom

3 Likes

It looks great, and not simple at all!

1 Like

It is very pretty. I love the butterfly on the bottom.

1 Like

I think the butterflies are a great alternative to a tassel, and complement the whole thing well.

1 Like

It’s lovely! And made from post-it notes? Amazing!

1 Like

You have to help me - i make these at work because i get all these pauses where i have to wait a minute or two on my computer and what better to do than fold a petal or two of a kusudama ball? The centers of your flowers are so pretty. What did you do there?

These are a little banged up from being moved around a couple years, but even fresh you can see the centers are wonky.

12 Likes

That’s so pretty! I can’t believe it’s post-it notes! :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

That is so pretty!

1 Like

Wow! This is so pretty.

1 Like

Looks like there’s some kind of bead or button glued in to straighten things up or cover them.

1 Like

The centers on mine look just like your pink kusudama, I just glued on some plastic crystals to make them sparkly :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

adding post-it notes onto list of crafting supplies

I think it is beautiful and not simple at all. I definitely think the hanging at the bottom as you have it is the way to go. Much more exciting than a tassle.

3 Likes

This is awesome! About how big is it? I would love to make one as a Christmas tree ornament!

1 Like

The ball itself is about 3.5 to 4.5 inches

2 Likes

Thanks, that sounds like a good size for me. :slight_smile: Now to find the right colored post-its!

1 Like

The centers on yours are great! Thanks for responding

1 Like

Those are POST-ITS?!! So pretty!! I am super impressed.

1 Like

Nice! It definitely looks waaay complicated to me.

2 Likes

So cool :smiley: and 60 post-it notes isn’t that horrible, glad that you finally managed to finish a ball :smiley: it looks awesome

1 Like