Fluffy black cat watercolour

I’m on a watercolour binge this weekend, so I painted this one this morning.

It’s only small, just the size of a bookmark. I used Daniel Smith watercolor in Lunar Black - one of my favourite pigments!

32 Likes

You did that just in one morning? Well done.

1 Like

Ooooohh this is enchanting! I’m amazed at how you faded the black pigment in and out, and at the little chest fluffs! The luxurious looking tail! So perfect!

1 Like

This looks great and by the detail I would have guessed it was much bigger than it is.

1 Like

The clear body shape on a black and grey cat it excellent. The curve and the stance is pure feline!

:metal:

2 Likes

Thank you! The Lunar Black pigment is very granular, so by adding water you can play with great fading effects, it’s really fun.

This is gorgeous! Such a beautiful cat in such a realistic pose!

1 Like

This is beautiful!

1 Like

It is amazing how you get so much fine details with water colouring. I love water colourings but that ususally makes the drawing a bit blurry.

(I hope you get my point, I find it hard to explain exactly what I mean)

:metal:t2:

2 Likes

This is so wonderful!

1 Like

Gorgeous! The shading you’ve put in is amazing!

1 Like

Wow! This is amazing! You’re very talented.

1 Like

Beautiful, sultry, mesmerizing.

As the lucky recipient of jemimah’s art via a swap, I get to admire her work near my desk and look forward to seeing her creations (my avatar! jumps up and down )

1 Like

This is really nice. I especially like the contrast between the curvy cat and the lined background. It is eye-catching.

2 Likes

That’s just gorgeous!!!

1 Like

This is beyond amazing! Love the composition.

1 Like

Wow, I can’t believe it’s so small. It’s really beautiful. I love the detail. I have a black dog and can’t get photos to turn out this nicely.

1 Like

Wow, so very striking. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I love him!

1 Like

Black cats are so hard to do and this one is done purrfectly. I love the composition and and admire your watercolor skills!

1 Like