Folded Fabric Star Ornaments

I made a couple of these cute little star ornaments for Christmas gifts for a couple of my mom’s friends who came for Christmas dinner. I was short on time, so I didn’t sew them together. I cheated and used hot glue.

They were super easy- if you ever passed notes in school, you will know how to make these!

Instructions from: Felicity Quilts: Tutorial: Folded Fabric Star Ornaments

14 Likes

You really know how to use your fabric to showcase the prints!

2 Likes

You took me back to folded notes. They were the best.
These are really pretty.

2 Likes

So pretty! These would be great for decorating gifts too. I love a bow that doubles as an ornament.

2 Likes

Cute! Love the button accent.

1 Like

These are super cute! I’d love to amp up my gift wrapping next year. Something like these would look great on a package.

1 Like

Thank you!

@TheMistressT, coming from you, that is a high compliment, indeed! You are the queen of using fabrics to their best advantage! I meant to make them both with the green stripe facing up, but I accidently flipped it on one. Turned out that I liked that one much better!

@gozer, folded notes & paper footballs! I don’t see as many folded notes being passed in my classroom, but paper footballs are still a thing :laughing:

@Magpie and @Bunny1kenobi, what a great idea to put them on a gift! The came out about 3" X 3", so they’d be a good size for that. Wherever I saw the idea originally, she used a bigger starting strip (4" X 10", I think) to make a larger sized star, but I like the little size.

@Abbeeroad, the original pattern had the button stitched on, but I have a feeling that would be a little challenging. I was limited in my button selection, but changing up the buttons depending on the fabric would give the stars such a different look!

5 Likes

So cute! And I agree that they would make nice package-toppers.

1 Like