Four blouses

I got into this pattern this spring, made six blouses (one wound up in the scrap bag, another needs revision). But I created different necklines for each. All supplies from stash, except the olive green blouse.

Sweetheart neckline. Blue and white fabric from a thrift store, lime green contrast was a fat quarter. Glad to use some of those up!

The pattern has princess seams, and I piped most of them with contrast fabric.

dark green fabric from Goodwill, purple contrast is two different patterned fat quarters.

sweetheart raised neckline rises behind the neck, forming almost a collar

olive U neckline with buttons from the huge stash I acquired last summer. I would never use these kind of uglies on any other garment, but they make this neckline pop.

Granny chic:
I just used the pattern views A and D for this first one. 3/4 sleeves, collar band. Fabric from a rummage sale in Oregon, I think.

I did change one thing on the pattern; I added pockets to every blouse! They’re hidden in the princess seam, an internal pouch similar to one on a hoodie. See the pink thing sticking out of the pocket?

I used this pattern, altering necklines, sleeves, front details, etc…

I had recently read that women with apple figures like me should include width in the shoulders to give the effect of a narrower waist, so I used little cap sleeves on most.

this is the one that needs revision. The neckline makes me look like a refugee from a musical comedy, desperately tap dancing through walmart. I’ve already ripped it out, maybe I’ll do a U neck like the olive green blouse.

They all need ironing, they are not all puckery in person.
But when I decided to do this photo session, I first had to unearth the mannequin from the back corner.
I put away the pile of fabric, batting, and miscellaneous junk in the way, then somehow wound up reorganizing my sewing box, and disembowling a pin cushion. It had 18 hand sewing needles lost inside! I hate fat pin cushions.

So I was not in the mood to iron as well.

8 Likes

Whole new wardrobe! They are all different…my favorite is the olive one…the buttons make it for me!

2 Likes

Dark green and purple is my fav. I’m not usually a dark green person, but it looks fab.
Game. Blouses.

1 Like

These are awesome! The green with purple and the dark blue at the end are my favorites!

1 Like

You really put that pattern to work for you… NICE! My fave is the blue/white floral with the bright green contrast.

1 Like

Wow! You’re so prolific! (Or should I say, “sew prolific”?) That’s a very versatile pattern, especially with all your little tweaks. Some really fun fabric combinations, too.

1 Like

They’re all great, and I love that you added pockets! The neckline on the green/purple blouse is really pretty

1 Like

What a lot of work! You got a whole new wardrobe out of that pattern!

2 Likes

Great work - I love how you made them all unique - I would have never guessed they were all adapted from the same pattern! The sweetheart neckline with the ‘collar’ has a slightly Elizabethan feel which I really love.

I really laughed at image:

refugee from a musical comedy, desperately tap dancing through walmart

I can related to getting side-tracked organizing my sewing/crafting supplies. I have a very fat pincushion I need to ‘slim down’, if only to avoid having to buy new needles!

1 Like