I got into this pattern this spring, made six blouses (one wound up in the scrap bag, another needs revision). But I created different necklines for each. All supplies from stash, except the olive green blouse.
Sweetheart neckline. Blue and white fabric from a thrift store, lime green contrast was a fat quarter. Glad to use some of those up!
The pattern has princess seams, and I piped most of them with contrast fabric.
dark green fabric from Goodwill, purple contrast is two different patterned fat quarters.
sweetheart raised neckline rises behind the neck, forming almost a collar
olive U neckline with buttons from the huge stash I acquired last summer. I would never use these kind of uglies on any other garment, but they make this neckline pop.
I just used the pattern views A and D for this first one. 3/4 sleeves, collar band. Fabric from a rummage sale in Oregon, I think.
I did change one thing on the pattern; I added pockets to every blouse! They’re hidden in the princess seam, an internal pouch similar to one on a hoodie. See the pink thing sticking out of the pocket?
I used this pattern, altering necklines, sleeves, front details, etc…
I had recently read that women with apple figures like me should include width in the shoulders to give the effect of a narrower waist, so I used little cap sleeves on most.
this is the one that needs revision. The neckline makes me look like a refugee from a musical comedy, desperately tap dancing through walmart. I’ve already ripped it out, maybe I’ll do a U neck like the olive green blouse.
They all need ironing, they are not all puckery in person.
But when I decided to do this photo session, I first had to unearth the mannequin from the back corner.
I put away the pile of fabric, batting, and miscellaneous junk in the way, then somehow wound up reorganizing my sewing box, and disembowling a pin cushion. It had 18 hand sewing needles lost inside! I hate fat pin cushions.
So I was not in the mood to iron as well.