Frankendresses

Some of my attempts at ‘Frankendresses’ (perhaps inspired by someone on Cster?) Alas, they aren’t really wearable - damn that covid weight gain. So, before I send them off the the Sally Ann, I wanted to acknowledge the time spent making them.

I think I’ll keep this one…

The only before I could find:

20 Likes

Well those are so cool!

1 Like

These are great - what a brilliant way to upcycle and create something unique!

2 Likes

These are awesome. I have Frankensteined two dresses for a costume dress, but I’ve not been brave enough to do wearable-that-matters. These look great! Such a shame they don’t all fit. :confounded:

3 Likes

Fun mash-ups! I’ve always wanted to try altering and upcycling some old clothing, but haven’t been brave enough to give it a try. Your dresses look fab!

2 Likes

They look really amazing! Someone is going to be very happy with them.

2 Likes

Your dress is wicked!!! You look bodacious! (My '80s slang is a bit rusty. :grinning:)

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind comments. They’re ready for the Sally Ann…

1 Like

That’s frustrating to spend time redoing something fun & then have it not fit! (I have done t-shirt dress mods where I also cut the side seam open & added enough fabric there to make them wearable again, but I also entirely sympathize if you’re just ready to be done with the project…)

3 Likes

This is why I am so scared to do clothes, spending all that time and what if they don’t fit? It’s such a shame because these are very neat. Hopefully, someone else can enjoy them. They look like they would be comfy too.

5 Likes

I find it hard to let go of my ‘mistakes’ - I keep thinking, ‘I can fix that!’ I do have some Frankendress ‘successes’, including one I’m just finishing up. (Well, I hope it’s going to be wearable!)

4 Likes

:rainbow: :comet: :rocket: Your project is out of this world! That’s why it is one of this week’s Featured Projects! CONGRATS! :rocket: :comet: :rainbow:

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing the success you are talking about… even though these didn’t fit, they look like successes to me!

2 Likes

Thank you. I makes my ‘unsuccesses’ less disappointing. (Odd sentence - trying to avoid saying ‘failures’!)

3 Likes

These are so beautiful!

1 Like

I guess it’s like saying that there are no failures, just opportunities for learning more.

2 Likes