Free Masks! (You can have one too!)

My mom and I have been making LOADS of cotton masks, and we’ve been donating them to any friends or family who want them, as well as to delivery people, and to the Navajo Nation. We’re still cranking them out faster than we can give them away, so I’d like to offer them here, too! Studies show that if 80% of the population wore masks 80% of the time, this pandemic could be over almost immediately, so the more people wearing masks, the safer we all are!

If you would like masks for you or loved ones, or extras for laundry day or variety, please just send me a message! We currently have only adult sizes, women’s and men’s (I’m a woman but I wear a men’s size because I have a huge noggin). These masks are cotton, two layers, with no nose wire and no filter pocket. They have around-the-ear elastic, and are machine washable. The masks are free, and I’ll also mail them to you for free. If you really want to pay for them, please make a donation to your local food bank instead. :slight_smile:

Here’s a sample of the different fabrics we have going right now (unfortunately I can’t promise specific fabrics, but you can let me know general preferences like colors, busy vs plain-ish, floral or not, etc.):

These are being displayed by Maccha from my silly plushie photo blog (she is not wearing hers correctly).

Oh, and we’ve been using this pattern!

22 Likes

You are amazing!

2 Likes

Aww, thanks! It actually really helps my mental health during these stressful times to feel like I’m doing something to help people. So I hope these masks can help!

3 Likes

You and your mom are awesome human beings!! I love this.

2 Likes

roler you guys are awesome…there are more and more requests now…I carry spares in my bag in plastic baggies…if I see someone with a paper mask or not properly fitted mask, I offer them one…people are happy to have them

4 Likes

This rocks so hard! I don’t need a mask but I’m off to make a donation to my local food bank on your honor.

2 Likes

Awww, that’s awesome! Thanks!

1 Like

That’s super cool, and I bet people appreciate them a ton!!

1 Like

Very nice of you. My daughter and I made over a 100 for coworkers friends and just random people. They offered us money but it didn’t feel right to take it. We told them to donate as well. I still have about 10 more I have to put elastic in. Sewing them made us feel like we were doing something. I also learned that the sewing lessons I gave to my daughter actually stuck. She was never into it as a kid.

4 Likes

Offer still stands! Please don’t be shy if you’d like one, even if you don’t know me well! We really want to share these masks with anyone who could use them, and we have plenty! XD We’ll be sending another package to the Navajo Nation tomorrow. So far we’ve sent them 140 already, and we’ve given away about the same amount to other people as well. And we have loads more almost ready to go!

3 Likes

This is such a wonderful thing to do. Thank you, on behalf of everyone that you have blessed by this! I’ve donated some nonperishable foods in your honor, and mom’s too.

1 Like

Aww, thanks so much! :slight_smile: I’m sure the food will be greatly appreciated as well!

1 Like

Sounds like you’re doing and feeling almost exactly what we are! Big hugs!!

1 Like