Free patterns online

Thanks! I took pattern drafting in college. I know how to do it, but I just don’t like it. I do like starting with a commercial pattern and then modifying it as needed. Lately, I have been finding videos where no pattern is needed at all…just measurements.

I purchased some online patterns because they were different than what I have normally made and I did not want to put in the work of adjusting, etc.

I remember making a very well fitting shift dress in college and using interfacing to draw out the pattern. I used that pattern for years as the basis for many dresses, that is until I “outgrew” it! :laughing:

I am so glad styles are looser and more casual now, although, there are times I long to make a really nice blazer with a tailored collar and lapels…uh, nevermind…I have not time or use for that!

1 Like

Me too, 2 years of design school. I stupidly threw out all my pattern blocks years ago, I thought I’d never want to make clothes again. I can create them again but ugh, it’s so much effort. And I’m not sure it’s worth it, I only want to make a few things. I don’t want to sew a lot of clothes or a lot of any one thing. I get bored :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Same…I don’t need an extensive wardrobe now, but, I would like to perhaps make some of my purchased clothing more unique with some embellishments.

I practically live in leggings or joggers, so the tops are more interesting to me to make. You know I collected sari skirts for years but I seem to only wear one or two of them and rarely. I have no energy to sell or trade them, so I might play around with seeing if I can rescue the favorite parts for a blouse or two…a patchwork tunic sort of thing.

1 Like

Nice! I saw a tunic with different fabric for each part.
This is pretty too, love the fans!

Yikes…lol…down a rabbit hole I go!

1 Like

The worst was my text book, the ultimate fashion design bible. I gave it away after school & now that I want it again it’s literally hundreds of dollars.

2 Likes

I am sorry for both of your “losses”. Mice contamination is nothing to take lightly…I had to throw out several boxes of old documents and papers at the risk of getting some serious diseases. I also lost some fabrics, but fortunately, I had stored most of them in sealed plastic bins.

I have kept most of my books. The one I find most useful is the one where you make your own pattern with a piece of clothing you already love. I also have my original Vogue Sewing Book that I bought for about $5. It’s a nice reference book for certain details and sometimes reviewing the basics is just fun.

2 Likes

Free patterns on a linen site. They are mostly pretty meh but this apron dress is cute.

2 Likes

free Mary Quant Pattern

1 Like

This is a video tutorial for a really cute simple dress, with pockets!

This free video pattern is for a very cute little pouch that would make an excellent little last minute gift. It’s simple with nice details that make it pretty & unique.

1 Like