Freyja's Chariot

So, I have an assignment for Drawing class that I need to make 4 artworks that share a theme. Any medium. So, I chose my favorite, Watercolor and Crayon. This is the Norse goddess, Freyja’s chariot which is pulled by two cats… so I made them two of my cats that I thought would pull my chariot if I were Freyja. The watercolor paper was giving me some problems (with the clouds) but I’m okay with how it turned out. Oh, the runes on the chariot spell out Freyja.

As always, enjoy some progress shots!!

And here is the initial sketch planning it out…

Thanks for looking!!

24 Likes

The clouds may have been tough, but I LOVE how they turned out! Your cats look very cool; love their matching collars. And what a great idea to put Freyja’s name on the chariot.

1 Like

This is just the coolest! Well done.

1 Like

I don’t believe I have ever had a cat that would pull a chariot. And those cats seem to feel the same way.

But what a great piece! love those clouds!

3 Likes

This turned out great! I love the clouds, too! So colorful. And awesome use of the runes on the chariot-excellent touch!

2 Likes

Fabulous!! I especially like the expressions on the cats’ faces (very cat) and the depth of colour you achieved in the clouds.

1 Like

Awesome. Love the idea of your cats pulling the chariot!

2 Likes

Gorgeous work. Like everyone else I love the clouds!

1 Like

Beautiful! The bold colors are spectacular!

1 Like

:sparkles: :tada: :sparkles: Congratulations!! This amazing project is one of this week’s featured projects!! :sparkles: :tada: :sparkles:

2 Likes

Wow! Super cool! Reminds me of The Chariot card from the tarot. I’ve never thought about using watercolor and crayons together. Ingenious. A must try for sure.

Congrats on the feature :star_struck:

1 Like

aww yay!

Dude! This blows my mind! Great job!

1 Like

Congrats on the feature!

1 Like

Love this and love that you used your own cats as reference. You have a great style.

2 Likes