Frida Kahlo Professional Tote

I managed to snag the last 1.5 yards of this Frida fabric in central Florida and made this professional tote for a swap. The bag is a labor of love-it takes about 8 hours to construct. There are 16 pieces and they all need interfacing before you can even begin to sew it all together. Totally worth it though for such an amazing outcome.
Pattern: Professional Tote from Creative Thimble
Fabric: Alexander Henry Todo Para Ti

And I had enough fabric left to make myself a mask and this scissor case

27 Likes

This is epic! Great fabric! How lucky to have been able to snag that last bit!

2 Likes

Oh this is fabulous. I’ve been eyeing frida fabric to make my friend something. Maybe a tote like this might be the thing! (Although maybe not this particular labor intensive one. Lol)

Beautiful job!

2 Likes

This is a gorgeous use for a gorgeous fabric!

2 Likes

[swoons]

This is just wonderful! The fabric is great! The bag is great! Together… MARVELOUS!

2 Likes

I think this fabric is the cover of a journal I received…made by @Fonduie.

Love the bag, though. Sixteen pieces! Ack!

4 Likes

Unreal!! I would love a bag in this style for my teacher bag :star_struck: amazing sewing @bethntim . I love the fabric placement too

2 Likes

So awesome!!! Yes, perfect fabric placement.

2 Likes

Beautifully done! And fantastic fussy cutting.

2 Likes

Gorgeous!! So crisp and clean and you placed the fabric so perfectly. I love it! :heart:

2 Likes

This tote is amazing!!! Lucky swap partner!!!

2 Likes

What a great bag! It looks so useful and cool. I’m sure it will definitely be a great statement piece for the recipient to carry with them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

IT’S ALL MINE!! I love it so much! It is just wonderful! So beautiful and…pockets!

4 Likes

Congrats! Your Frida Kahlo Tote is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

3 Likes

I was sick and must have missed this when it was posted. It is fantastic. The fabric is beautiful and I am a sucker for a fussy cut. Is the fabric cotton? Because it looks very high quality. Beautiful job!

3 Likes

It is cotton and the fussy cutting was the funnest part!

2 Likes

Labor of love, indeed. Totally worth it, also indeed. This is gorgeous!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!

1 Like