Fun patchwork pillow case

I had a large pile of small squared fabric pieces and decided to sew them into a fun pillow. Sewing, cutting the sewn pieces and re-arranging my pieces was fun to do.

Back fabric is red fleece, I made an envelope like closing.

Thanks for looking!

19 Likes

Very pretty!

3 Likes

I like how you sort of did each section in a similar color family…the purple corner is my favorite…nice use of scraps and you get to see all of them…to me, my scraps are like children…only I remember them when they were bigger and now they are small…ha ha

4 Likes

Beautiful! I am absolutely in love with the fabrics you’ve chosen, and impressed you were able to arrange them so nicely. Did you use a disappearing nine-patch or are all those little squares and rectangles pieced individually?

3 Likes

I love this idea for using up scraps. Beautiful utilitarian pillowcase!

3 Likes

Great stash buster and it looks very pretty.

3 Likes

Love the mix of fabrics! Floral and gingham complement each other nicely.

3 Likes

It’s wonderful! I love an a-typical rainbow :blush:

3 Likes

Really pretty

3 Likes

The colour arrangement is so cool.

2 Likes

What a fun scrappy pillow with so many cool fabrics and colors. Every time I look I notice something else!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot all! It was fun to sew!

@Trillian I had to google that haha! I did use the technique of sewing pieces together and chopping them, but not really like nine-patch. I had never even heard of that, so thanks!

I’ve seen the sewing and then cutting, turning and sewing in a tutorial and thought I could do that myself. So I made it up while sewing.

@AIMR, yes that was my only guiding line. Four squares with somewhat the same colours.

1 Like

It’s lovely! Love the scrappy nature of the pillow.
What a great way to use up some of the pretty fabric scraps in your stash :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the colors. so soothing.

:metal:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot ladies! I use my pillow a lot, it makes me so happy to see it.

1 Like

This is so sweet! I really like it.

2 Likes

What a cheerful and soothing pillow! I love the colors and different fabrics you chose, and the envelope feature is convenient for washing.

1 Like

Yes it is and so much easier to sew than a zipper haha! :wink:

Thank you!

1 Like

Beautiful pillow!

1 Like

Thank you!