Fun with my knitting machine

I never planned on getting a circular knitting machine, but my kids pointed one out at the thrift store, and it was only $2.99! I couldn’t say no. This was my first one:

It’s mine forever and I love it.
Next I tried something fancy from a YouTube video with wraps and knits:

Then the boy requested a hat without a pom (he’s a hoodie child) and I added a cat with knife patch because it just fits him so well.

This one is fully reversible (they all are, really, but the design changes in this one because of the self striping/colorblock yarn

I had another knife cat patch, so this one went on my niece’s 14th birthday present. This was the first one I did with a brim, I’m much more of a slouchy/beanie person but I thought the brim would look great on my niece.

I’ve learned so much from videos and groups, including how to fix dropped or tucked stitches, and this awesome way to attach pompoms! These are little balloon clips. You just pull the elastic through the center of the hat and pop it into the slots. That way you can take it off to wash the hat, or reverse the hat for a different design.

21 Likes

I love your hats! That pompom thingymajig is a game changer. I can add floofs and not just ones I make myself. A DIFFERENT COLORED FLOOF EACH TIME IF I WANT! :scream:

7 Likes

Wow! You’ve been busy. I love the idea of switching out pompoms, and those cat patches…

1 Like

Clearly, that knitting machine was waiting there for you. Your kids did a good job pointing it out.
They all look so cozy and fun. And the pompom trick is very clever.

3 Likes

These are great! So professional! And what a deal for $2.99. Also, balloon clips for the win! That’s genius!

2 Likes

What a great find! The hats all look great & the cat patches are cute!

1 Like

These are great and you seem to be enjoying it which is even better! Your patches use is genius! I’ve got several that I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to use and this opens up a whole new option- thanks!

2 Likes

I used Badge Magic to attach them - this stuff is amazing! I bought it to attach my kids’ Boy Scout patches to their uniforms. No gluing or sewing.

2 Likes

Those look so warm and cozy! And thank for the pompom hack - I’ll have to try that!

Out of curiosity, what type of knitting machine is it? You got such lovely results I’m intrigued…

1 Like

It’s a Sentro 48

You took that knitting machine for a trip! Everything looks great and you got an AMAZING deal. Congrats!

1 Like

Your knitting machine was an incredible bargain! Those hats are all so cool. And the pom attachment hack is awesome!

1 Like

I love these!! Great job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! I love the colors in the one for your son and those cat patches are hilarious. Super cool pompom swapping tool! I was wondering what you did with the pompom on the reversible one.

1 Like

Oh wow, these look awesome! That pom hack is so interesting! What are those things?

1 Like

I can’t upload photos from my phone anymore, unfortunately. But here is the listing and you can see how they’re used in the pictures: Amazon.com

2 Likes

Your off like a pro.

1 Like

The ROI on this knitting machine is through the roof! You’ve made such fun and functional hats!

1 Like

These look so squishy and amazing! I’ve tried loom knitting before and it never really looks or feels that good, but this is great.

Also, what a steal for $2.99!

1 Like

I have a whole set of looms in my attic I’ve never even attempted to use. :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes