Future expansion - Marketplace?

A Marketplace to allow level x user to sell their original pieces? Not supplies. Not vintage. Only finished pieces.

User must continue to engage in the community - perhaps tutorials are required?

LC takes % of sales, to support site.

I know it’s a big lift, but without membership, or any visible PPC (that I can see), it might help support the back-end.

9 Likes

I too have been thinking about how to make sure this is sustainable. I didn’t like that people lost their jobs and while I appreciate beyond measure that each one of those people not only stayed on but gave even more of themselves, I am still concerned about the practicalities. Maybe there is a plan already being thought about. I would happily contribute work for sale/auction and pay for the shipping as a sort of “membership” donation.
Whatever is in the works, know this issue is not far from our minds and we are here to help keep this ship afloat!

4 Likes

Yes, I only posted as they have been encouraging engagement. The site is wonderful, I was just brainstorming potential options to keep it sustainable.

2 Likes

I’d be happy to do this regularly too.

1 Like

I’m glad the garage sale is still on, planning to offer some things once I’ve finished other things I have to do first XD

But I have wondered how we can help keep the site open because I know it has to cost, even if I don’t know how much. I would gladly offer stuff for a marketplace, I could even be a monthly paying member.

1 Like

This is an intriguing idea for generating some income for the site. I do think that if the participation requirements are high enough, that a marketplace would not be overrun by “abusers of the system.” And if kept a separate category sales won’t effect the ability to just come for sharing and supporting.

2 Likes

I could get behind this as well.

1 Like

That sounds like a great idea!

1 Like

A limited, curated marketplace. Filled with original pieces by makers.

A makers cooperative. A collective. An Indie Marketplace.

4 Likes