Gabby's Dollhouse on Netflix

When I saw magpies post on felting, I remember this, I know I always post on the ARTS thread, miniature art is what I love doing most, I also love sewing BUT I confess I don’t know how to use a sewing machine. :joy: I never tried using one… few months back one of my cousin asked me if I can do a felt dolls for her daughters birthday, she loved the show from Netflix called Gabby’s Dollhouse, I’ve never heard of it until then. So I decided to make it but since I don’t know how to use a machine I hand sew it… boy it hurts, If I hadn’t agreed to do it I would’ve stop and quit. So anyway here it goes. One day I will try to learn how to use the sewing machine.

here is the one I copied from Netflix

10 Likes

Wow, you did a GREAT job! The characters have so much detail, I can see all the love you put into it.
I wonder what you were doing that made it painful though… that’s not supposed to happen!

1 Like

@Magpie Thank you, Oh dear, It really is hard work, since it was my first time, I didn’t know there were hard felt and soft felt :joy: so when I ordered it, it was the hard one, I knew it was wrong and then I under estimate the work load, I agreed to do all the characters, in the end it was too much work for me me, since I wasn’t using the machine, but I committed and agreed on to the project, I can not backed out, anyway she loved it so much so it’s all good afterwards. :joy: but I thought to myself I would never do it again. My mom keeps laughing at me…

Amazing commitment! You nailed it

1 Like

Thank you @bethntim.

1 Like

These are fantastic! I sure hope your cousin appreciates what a dedicated and talented cousin he has! I know his little girl must LOVE these!

1 Like

Wow! That is a lot of doll-making! You did a great job; they look just like the characters!

1 Like

Thank you @endymion and TheMistressT, my niece loves it, she took it everywhere with her. :heart_eyes: all good.

This is so awesome!!! And all hand sewn! My girls would flip for this but I do not have your dedication. Wow!

1 Like

Thank you😍

They turned out great! My son LOVES that show so I’ve seen my fair share of Gabby Cats :wink: Baby Box is adorable :heart: (she’s one of my favorite characters). You nailed Cat Rat’s expression and Pillow Cat looks so snugly. Awesome job! :star:

1 Like

Thank you @Reinikka :relaxed:

1 Like