Gail Shaw's Crescent cookies

I inherited my mom’s recipes. In them was this recipe from a woman named Gail Shaw. I have no idea who Gil Shaw was. I do love the cookies, I baked them for the first time last night. It’s amazing how little nuances are not conveyed in a recipe card. I have a feeling she rolled hers out much thinner and slice them much smaller. Mine still turned out delicious. I used raspberry preserves and almonds in mine.

19 Likes

Mmmmm, those sound delicious!!!

1 Like

Looks like a yummy batch of cookies!
Thanks for sharing the recipe :slight_smile:

1 Like

This must have been a popular recipe of our moms…I have the same one…I love that you are carrying on the tradition even if you don’t know who Gail Shaw was…just know it was someone who took the time to handwrite it out for your mom…

3 Likes

It’s interesting, all these old connections that we know nothing about or don’t remember that somehow still impact us… proof, to me at least, that we are all part of something bigger than ourselves.

The cookies look delicious, too! Thanks for the recipe.

3 Likes

They look delicious!
(And the recipe card looks well used…)

2 Likes

These look tasty, but I’m mostly fascinated by the way Gail wrote her g’s upside down…

1 Like

My Dad writes likes this; the G’s aren’t upside-down, but rather everything is printed in capital letters. So those are uppercase G’s, just without the hard angle on the bottom curve turn that you see in keyboard text. :smiley:

1 Like

The first letter of her name is obviously this, just bigger, but half the other letters are lower case… and possibly my perspective is skewed by my child having only just gotten over writing her g’s floating above the line, so I see this as one of those that’s doing acrobatics. :grin:

1 Like

Gail Shaw knew what life was about! Thank you for sharing!!

1 Like

I love the thought of the ‘g’s jumping on a trampoline doing flips :grin:.

These look pretty tasty! Thank you for sharing!