On top of a vast collection of succulents and houseplants, I finally started a new little raised garden bed. I caught some pesky beetles trying to eat up my plants before they even had a chance to thrive!!
So I caught 'em and skewered them, and now they are fun little picks for my garden cocktails!
First up is the Carrotini!
1 oz Carrot Juice (I used a Carrot Ginger Turmeric Juice)
1 oz Dry Vermouth
1 oz Gin
A handful of pickled vegetables
- Mix 'em all up!
- Skewer 'em all up!
Next, we have a light Strawberry Spritzer!
1 oz botanical infused vodka (I used Ketel One Peach and Orange Blossom)
1 oz Orange Liqueur
1 can of flavored sparkling water (I used Peach-Pear La Croix)
- Muddle a strawberry in the bottom of your glass
- Add your alcohols
- Fill remainder of glass (or as much a you want) with the sparkles
- Toss a few ice cubes in
- Skewer a juicy strawberry for garnish (and eating later!)
Finally we’ve got my FAVORITE Elderflower Sour
1 oz Floral flavored vodka (I used Cathead Honeysuckle)
1 oz St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
1/2 oz Herbal infused Honey Syrup (one part honey & one part water, heated up with sprigs of rosemary or other fragrant herb)
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1 Egg White (or 1 oz pre-separated pasteurized egg white)
- Put all liquids in a drink shaker
- Shake 'em up!
- Add some ice. Shake again!
- Strain into a glass - garnish with a sprig of rosemary or an edible flower. (I used golden berries for the purpose of skewering something else here )
And another quick tute!!
What to do when you find pesky bugs trying to eat up your garden??? (Or small plastic toys with a perfectly sized hole in the bottom?) Turn them into cocktail picks in a lickity split!
I took four skewers from my fondue stash, cut them in half, and super glued them straight into the hole of these buggers: