Garden of Love Pillow

I made this pillow last month for my friend for her bridal shower. I waited too long to look through their registry and the only things left were super expensive, so I had to come up with something handmade that I could finish in a week.

When I asked what their wedding colors are she said they don’t really have any, but the centerpieces are going to be wildflowers with greenery so I kind of worked off of that. I connected the two sides using gray to look kind of like a stone garden fence.
I had the pattern from a square a month crochet-a-long I did yeeeeeears ago on the old site. I liked that it was hearts but also kinda looks like a flower. Unfortunately on my old printout of the pattern I didn’t save the name, so I can’t remember what it was called.
The next day she texted me saying this was one of her favorite presents, so I guess my procrastination paid off in the end. :sweat_smile:

21 Likes

Also when we got their wedding invitation in the mail last week the colors on the invitation were almost exactly the same as the colors of the pillow, so I guess I called that right! Haha.

8 Likes

Gorgeous! That’s the gift she’ll treasure long after the silver plated fish forks have all been crumpled by the garbage disposal!

2 Likes

Wow - perfect intuition!! The pillow came out beautiful!!

1 Like

It came out beautifully!

1 Like

So, so pretty!

1 Like

Sounds like you ticked all the boxes! It’s very cozy and also fresh looking - nailed it!

1 Like

Oh, I love everything about this pillow and the thought you put into it. I’m sure she will treasure it.

2 Likes

Procrastinating did indeed pay off! However there was clearly some real thought put into this gift and handmade = love!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I was super pleased with how it turned out.

Very pretty and I like the colors you chose.

2 Likes

:fire: This project is hot, hot, hot! And one of this week’s featured projects! Congrats! :fire:

1 Like

Wheeee! I’m honored. :face_holding_back_tears:

Such a pretty pillow! Could it be used as the ring- bearer pillow? Or is it too big? I love the Spring vibe it gives off!

1 Like

It ended up being a 14" square, so probably a little big.
The original pattern is for a 12" square but the smallest square pillow form I could find at JoAnn’s was 14", so had to add a few rounds to make it work.

1 Like