Garlic Roll

Dough
1 c. warm water
2+1/4 tsp yeast
1 Tbls sugar

Mix and let stand for 10 minutes

Add 1 tsp. salt and 2+1/2 cup all purpose unbleached or bleached flour. Knead for 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl til it rises twice its size. About 1 to 1+1/2 hours.

In a small pan sautee 3 finely chopped garlic cloves with 1 Tbls butter. Then melt 2 Tbls butter into the mixture and blend with 1 tsp dried parsley, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp thyme, and salt to taste.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees (I don’t know if this is what did it, but man, this was the best one I made yet).

Roll dough into a rectangle about 1/4 to 3/16 of an inch thick. Spread the garlic butter over the entire top of the dough, and roll the dough starting with the thinnest side. Place on baking sheet cover with melted butter, and bake for 23 minutes.

options

Add pepperoni, and/or fresh spinich, any cheeses you’d like (the pic above has mozarella and cheddar, and topped with pretzal salt, grated aged asiago, and some marjoram and thyme).

10 Likes

Looks yummy

1 Like

There goes my diet lol

To make it a bit healthier, divide the dough into three pieces, roll one at 1/8 inch thick, and put fresh spinich and green onions and use 1/5th the amount of butter. It’ll be crispier, and you can use a lot of different sauces for it.

1 Like

Spinach would make an interesting alternative

Man this looks good!

Yum! This looks and sounds so good.

Here’s a spinich one. I made this one a few years back. :smiley:

This one came out really…erm, flaky is the wrong word, but boy howdy it came out soooo soft.

WOOOOOOOOOOT! I perfected it. The bottom one I made sort of like a biscuit. I rolled it very thin, then I rubbed on a light layer of butter, then folded it twice, while layering each fold with a light rubbing of butter. Then I rolled it thin agan, butter and salt this time. Then folded it twice more, and rolled it thin, then I rolled it up for baking. OH MY WORD IT’S GOOOOOD!

Also, I baked these at 425 degrees, and I’m pretty sure I don’t want to go any high er. Another thing I did, or didn’t do, is I didn’t put in all the flour. It was a softer dough as I wanted to see if I could make it flake better…oh it do. It do so well.

1 Like

That looks super yummy!

This looks so good!