Garter squish completed!

hey all!! its been far too long since i stopped by and actually posted something!! anyway…not too long ago i actually finished a great lil stashbuster*

its stephen west’s garter squish

i ended up casting on a bunch more than was suggested because my tail was much longer than necessary for my long tail CO and i’m glad i did because it fits a queen nicely!!

i really like the sides of the blanket, which are an i-cord edge…gives it a little bit of a more polished look…i did not take a pic of that though. meh.

def a great stashbusting project that is very beginner friendly!!

*the stash i was busting was mostly stuff my youngest had left behind when she moved out and stuff my mother-in-law gave me, plus some random acrylics i had no idea where they came from and would doubtlessly ever use. way too many blues for me, but it’ll pass!!

**ETA - i’ve also just started a second one, which will hopefully be more couch blanket appropriate…CO 129 st for that one. def good teevee watching or online reading knitting because the only thing you have to remember is to bring the yarn to the front when you get to your last three stitches and slide the rest over.

9 Likes

I love scrappy blankets! They always turn out as a nice surprise. Nice to see you back with a bang! Thanks for sharing the pattern. Winter will be here soon and a nice easy cosy knit project is always good to have on hand!

1 Like

Welcome back! Your blanket turned out great!

1 Like

Hooray for stashbusting!! This looks super cozy!

1 Like

:waving_hand:

Wow! I’m always so impressed by people who can manage to knit or crochet an entire full-size blanket. I still have a huge bag of granny squares somewhere that got boring before I hit a queen size amount.

The colors blend really well on your blanket, and the I-cord edging sounds intriguing.

2 Likes

Dang! That is so impressive!

1 Like

This looks so good and so cozy! Congratulations on such a monumental blanket… and such a monumental busting of stash!

1 Like

honestly…it went pretty quickly…9mm needles and two strands of worsted weight held together. i can never make things that are in pieces because i just wont put them together…and i can’t even remember how many YEARS it took me to make the mitred square blanket…lolz.

i DO know that the northeasterly i’m making in sock yarn celebrated its 5th birthday this year..

usually i like to keep the larger blankets for inbetweener projects for when i have no ambition or idea of What To Make Next.

3 Likes

it ate sooooooo much yarn!! most glorious!!

1 Like

Welcome back!

This looks so cute rustic and I bet the squish and weight on it is phenomenal. I need to pull out my mitered scrap blanket and start working on it again. Thanks for the inspo!

2 Likes

that is cool - I did one many moons ago when my way grown son was 3

I like how you did your :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, the mitered square blanket. I think we need a support group for that one. :laughing:

3 Likes

Ugh–I agree…I have one buried in my WIP knits closet! :rofl:

2 Likes

Great blanket! It looks perfect for the season.

I’d watch that mitered square support thread, you guys should start one!

This reply made me shriek with laughter.

1 Like

We should just revive the blanket thread. I am sure there are plenty of people with WIPS in their baskets!

Crochet along…but we could add knit as well

3 Likes