Gelli Plate Size?

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I’m looking to buy my first gelli plate and I was wondering for those who use them, what size do you recommend?
The options are 3x5, 5x7, 6x6, 8x10, 12x12, 12x14.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Tagging @geekgirl because I know you make beautiful things with them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bigger is better, you can cut up prints if you want them smaller. GG sent me one, I don’t think it’s quite 8x10 but it’s bigger than 6x6.
The first one I used was homemade, it worked pretty good!

1 Like

I have nearly all the sizes and 8x10 is probably your best bet!

1 Like

8x10 was the first one I bought after seeing all of @geekgirl’s prints…I have to tell you guys that I think she is a plant for us to buy all the things…I blame her for my multitude of purchases during this pandemic… :rofl:

4 Likes

8”x10” is the one I use most. I have a 6x6 and a round one also. But for most things I use the 8x10.

1 Like

I agree with the above comments. Lately I have been using the 5 x 7” one just because it takes up less space when attempting a multi- step experiment. Also because I’ve been making postcards a lot.

1 Like

I just ordered a smaller one as well for the happy mail craftalong…it would be used a lot…

Has anybody made their own? Looks like the ingredients (gelatin, glycerine) are the same as my favorite resin mold stuff.

I have a 6"x6" and it works well for me since I usually cut them to ATC or other small sizes. I might get a bigger one later but for now I’m happy :slight_smile:

Yeah I made my own and used it for a year before I bought one. It works fine. Doesn’t give quite as smooth a texture and hard to clean so I would periodically melt it and skim out the crud and reform.

2 Likes

Not as good but not bad, good to practice with anyhow.

1 Like