Gelli printing over paper turned art

A couple months ago I did a long gelli printing session and loved how the over paper looked and decided to turn it into wall art! I made myself a little view finder to find the part I liked the most then wrapped it around an 8x8 canvas.

I love everything about this piece (the shapes, translucency of the layers, colors, asymmetry) and have been studying it to see what I can use in future art work.

16 Likes

Very cool! Being inspired by your own work! I love it!

1 Like

I am in love with this! If you want non-woven ideas for STS, I would claim something similar to this in a heartbeat. Love the colors, and the way it is balanced… just everything about it.

1 Like

What a fun piece of art and what a great idea to make a viewfinder and single out your favorite 8” square! How big was the original? I’m imagining a huge piece of paper covering your dining room table and being transformed into art.

1 Like

Beautiful, I remember when you did this, glad you made a post so more people can admire it.

1 Like

That’s stunning!

1 Like

Very cool! I love that this “throw away” paper became one of your favorite pieces of art. I always do my favorite work by accident. I also love that you’re studying it to be more intentional in future work. Good luck!!

1 Like

I’m not sure actually, maybe about 15x20?

4 Likes

This is a real stunner! I bet any piece cut from that under paper would be delightful for all the reasons you mentioned. :heart_hands:

1 Like