Geometric Painted Wall Hanging/Backdrop

My good friend and I ran an Art Night at my son’s school last November. One of the things I really wanted to was a photo booth backdrop. I kicked around a lot of ideas before settling on a a geometric pattern. Mostly because it was something I knew I could accomplish in the time I had. An old sheet, lots of painters tape, and a ton of paint later, I had a colorful, geometric background!

Here are some progress pics. It took over my dining room for a few days…

We attached it to a PVC frame for the event. We were so busy that I didn’t get any pictures of it during the event! Thankfully someone snagged a photo of my friend and I at the very end of the night.

I wasn’t sure what to do with it after the event. We transitioned to toddler beds over the holiday break, so I ended up hanging it on the wall in my daughters’ room. Bonus: this photo includes sneak peeks of the quilts @FiberAlchemist made us and one of 2 owl paintings from @ErinAquaheart!

Works for now! Someday, I might turn it into curtains in the craft room. :laughing:

13 Likes

That looks great in their room.

2 Likes

Fun! I agree-it looks great in the room.

2 Likes

This is REALLY pretty! My art teacher friend does a project using oil pastels with her kiddos that is this style and it is one of our favorites!

2 Likes

This is so much fun! And I love to see your happy, sweet face!!

:metal:

2 Likes

Its simple yet so effect and the bright colors really make it pop! I love the idea of repurposing it down the line for curtains or what-have-you. Awesome!!

2 Likes

It’s fantastic! So glad you decided to use it as a wall hanging for your daughters’ room. The bright colors inspire joy!

2 Likes

How cute and adorable, and I love that you could use it afterwards for something else :smiley:

2 Likes

What a perfect Art Night backdrop! Looks like you had a great time!

2 Likes

Cheerful and vivid – so perfect for the Art Night AND for your children’s room!

1 Like

That does look great in their room! And you look great in that painty apron, I adore the photo of smiling you :).

1 Like

Haha. I ran a pendulum painting station that night. It was mess-y! And fun! Hence the mess and the smile. :smile: