Get naked & smell the coffee!

A few years ago I made my mom and sisters some bath bombs for Christmas. They were a hit and since then I’ve continued to give them as gifts for various occasions. So when my one sister sent me a pin about some coffee bath bombs a few weeks before her birthday, I took it for the hint that it was. I planned on sending these to her through the mail, but I didn’t want her to immediately know it was a gift from me. I wanted her to see the package and scratch her head wondering who sent her coffee and why in the world the box suggest she get naked to smell it (haha, even now it makes me smile to imagine her confusion).

Due to an unexpected death in the family though, she ended up coming out this way. I gave her the box in person and darn it, wouldn’t you know, she figured out the contents as soon as she read the ‘get naked’ part.

I came up with slogans, a design (courtesy of the internet), and a ‘coffee company’ name and printed it all out with a jade background color to match the box. I then adhered the new designs to the box and voila, a box worthy of an upscale coffee company sending out their wares.

My son and I have been self-isolating this month, so I was very grateful that my husband went to the store to pick up the specialized coffees for me. I had him grab me six different ‘scents.’ He ground them up on the finest setting and I added the grounds to my normal bath bomb recipe.

I personally have zero desire to take a bath with ground up coffee bits floating around me and warned my sister that she’ll need to shower to rinse away the grounds after the bath. But she claims that she won’t mind (perhaps she’ll think differently once she actually uses one of the bath bombs) and she was thrilled to receive the gift.

A couple of the bath bombs ended up kind of wonky looking, hence the names of the middle two.

21 Likes

Mmmmmmm coffee!

1 Like

Such detail! You really went all out here and the execution is flawless. It looks so professional! I love the idea behind why you chose to make it and the cheeky subling-pranks design motivation. You should consider doing this as a real small business/side hustle.

1 Like

WOW! What a fun gift! I love when a handmade gift is packaged so cleverly!

1 Like

Oh my, everything about this is fantastic!!!

1 Like

This is really cool and so well thought out! Lucky sis! So funny she figured it out right away. :laughing:

1 Like

This is brilliant. I think coffee bath bombs would be just heavenly. I just love your professional, convincing packaging. Well done!

1 Like

What a great idea! And I agree, the packaging is phenomenal!

1 Like

Oh wow! Love the packaging and I bet they smell amazing!

1 Like

They look lovely, and I bet they small amazing. Well done.

1 Like

What a great gift!

1 Like

This is so creative. Great packaging.

1 Like

This made me laugh so freaking hard! Hilarious!

1 Like

:dancer:CONGRATULATIONS! Your awesome project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :man_dancing:

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind comments! I figure that is packaging provides the first impression, so it’s worth the extra effort to let the recipient know they’re about to open something special!