Giant cactus dolly

I saw this in my daughter’s room the other day and realized that it’s never been shared here. Maybe because I thought it was too little-kid for her and was planning a photo shoot before finding someone to give it away to. The minute I showed it to her though, she scooped it up and ran off with it, lol. Just goes to show, you’re never too old to love adorable handmades.

She sits up in her pot or on her own, there’s hard card in the base and a little baggy of heavy pebbles to give her weight.

She’s pretty huge. I don’t know what inspired me to make such a thing but I had the idea and needed to do it just because.

30 Likes

Cute and looks very huggable! I’m impressed how you did the hole in the potting soil.

1 Like

Oh she is just adorable!! I love a faux plant, whether it’s super realistic, or cartoony cute :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Sweet!

1 Like

I want a cactus doll!!! I love how you did this, with the little “dirt” base in the bucket.

1 Like

Awww, she’s not in the slightest bit prickly! Both clever and adorable.

1 Like

That is adorable! My adult children still love my hand made items…you are never too old!

2 Likes

That is so super cute! I love the crochet dirt too.

1 Like

She is adorable. Out of the base she looks like she is flexing! LOL! It’s too cute!

1 Like

That is so stinking cute!

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

Flexing! LOL, I will have to mention that to @Pigeon. The kids use that term in a funny sort of slang way, ha.

Adorable!

1 Like

So adorable! It is definitely special when your mom can make you something custom and cuddly :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Congrats! Your Giant Cactus Dolly is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

1 Like

It’s awesome!

1 Like