Giant collage turned into mini abstract calendar

One of the Artful Holiday lessons was to make a giant collage, find interesting compositions, and make this little calendar. I just love the mini abstracts and am already planning to salvage them from the calendar pages at the end of the year to make a larger piece.

Here is my finished calendar

And here was what it looked like before I cut it up. The starting piece was approximately 24x36". There were enough interesting compositions that I was able to make a calendar for @Lynx in the 12 days of Christmas swap too!

This is probably one of my favorite projects I did last fall! Thanks for looking :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I need to bring mine into my classroom!

1 Like

What a cool way to use an amazing collage!! Love it!

1 Like

I just love every picture in this post! I have an extra 2023 mini calendar printed out and an empty spot where our 2022 calendar hung, so maybe I should do something inspired by this.

1 Like

love it!

1 Like

I love, love , love this calendar! What a great project.

1 Like

So soooooo pretty! I love the original

1 Like

What a great project! I love it.
Did you find the calendar pages online or make them up yourself? I’m seriously thinking of doing this. It looks fantastic, would make a great gift.

1 Like

She had a printable for the class so I didn’t need to find one. I think it should be pretty easy to make a template in a word processing app.

Oooh. I love this. Somehow, I see birds when I see this. No idea why, but it’s cool!

1 Like