Giant Scary Octomonster in the bedroom! - Monster Jam 2020

You can play along with Monsters too!

This beastly thing was frankenstitched together with many, many felted sweaters collected over the years. It’s even stuffed with confetti chopped up sweater scrap guts! How awful…

It was heavy and enormous, look at it trying to devour the entire bed!

At first, I felt a little afraid of leaving that monster in the lad’s bedroom but it turned out to be the reverse, that little man loved poor ole octomonster half to death! We were able to reconstitute the beast in another, though no less horrifying, form.
63292_23Sep19_20190923_080324

He’s still in the kid room, keeping an “EYE” on things, bah ha ha ha ha!
63292_23Sep19_20190923_080419

Monster Jam 2020-01

16 Likes

Wow! That’s a big fellow. Sad that he had to go but nice that he lives again in the smaller form.
And I am jealous of your kid to have that. I would have gone wild as a child to have that, scratch that, I would still go wild!

1 Like

Dude! He is so rad!

1 Like

I love them, in BOTH forms! I bet they are squishy to lay on.

1 Like

Instead of chopped up sweater bits for guts I put two round pillow forms inside Octo-creature. It is very firm and stable and much less likely to leak if it gets a hole, ha!

Leaking is bad

1 Like

I remember this incredible project!!

1 Like

both of them are just soooo good!

1 Like

I am absolutely in love with the giant octomonster. LOVE. I would have loved it to bits as well. And that’s so wonderful how you were able to at least partially reconstruct him!! <3

1 Like

This is crazy outrageous amazing! You never cease to knock my socks off :socks::exploding_head:

1 Like

Fantastic!!! Both versions are so awesome!!

1 Like

At first I was super bummed that the giant octopus was getting trashed, that was SO MUCH WORK! But it really did take up a lot of that kid’s small room so the solution made for a much better fit.
Then we got him a bean bag chair and that took up all the space again, haha. But it’s light and easy to move around and doesn’t leak chopped up sweater bits so I consider it a win.

1 Like

he’s awesome!

1 Like

thanks all!

Love it!

1 Like