Giant Silk Moth Cross Stitch

I finally completed Night Spirit Studio’s Giant Silk Moth pattern!

There are many mistakes - mostly with floss color. But for some reason it doesn’t bother me at all. I will probably make it into a pillow cover, but I am behind on pillow cover projects so it may be awhile. :upside_down_face:

18 Likes

This is very cool! How big is it?

I used to get bothered by putting the wrong colour in the wrong place too, but once its finished, it all blends in perfectly and no one will know!

1 Like

Thank you! It’s approx 7 inches/17.57 cm square.

I think if I were making a gift or something that I felt was some kind of keepsake or heirloom it would bother me. It’s none of those things and will be a pillow on the sofa that the dog will sit on, so it’s best for me not to feel to precious about it!

3 Likes

Gorgeous!

1 Like

Love the pattern and cannot tell any stitches are wrong colors or out of place. It looks fabulous!

1 Like

Thank you, pals!

Beautiful! Plus Night Spirit Studios has awesome stuff- this is very YOU. It’s going to look great displayed in your home!

1 Like

Awww, thank you!

1 Like

That’s beautiful!

1 Like

I love the colors. If they are wrong according to the pattern, just think of it as customizing. Thats what i do. Ha! It is absolutely beautiful.

3 Likes

Gorgeous! I promise, there are SO many color variations for Saturnidae, this is certainly correct for one of them!

I love these moths (just got done designing a peyote stitch pattern for one, in fact), and this is really just delightful.

2 Likes

Aw, thanks! Mostly it’s that the flowers are supposed to be two shades of red, but I didn’t see that on the pattern it was “too late.” I think I don’t have quite the right two shades of red going on the moth, either.

I can’t wait to see your peyote stitched one! I have been very into moth imagery the last couple-few years.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like