Gillman Greetings

I drew this guy sometime in October because I was going to use it for a coloring zine that didn’t come to be. I decided to finish him tonight. Watercolor and crayon on watercolor postcard.

Supposed to be Gillman or The Creature of the Black Lagoon.

13 Likes

I love seeing the progression. Must have been so much fun to make! Very cool.

2 Likes

This kicks major butt!

2 Likes

I love this! Love your art style, too!

2 Likes

He’s great! And maybe it’s just something in the air, but I’m getting good Valentine Vibes off of him.

3 Likes

He’s adorable. :slight_smile: I also love seeing the stages the drawing goes through as you work on it. :cherry_blossom: I am a terrible 2D artist, but I admire and enjoy it in others!

3 Likes

That kinda gives me ideas to make Valentines day cards…

3 Likes

I love your style and yes, this is giving me Valentine’s Day card vibes too. I think it’s the color and the season. I love this. Too bad about the zine!

2 Likes

My best friend’s brother also said Valentines and suggested I make some. I have a lot of blank postcards still!!

1 Like

I love your style so very much! The texture of the watercolor/crayon combo is fantastic! I love how you outlined him in white to make him pop too. Awesome!

2 Likes

Cool idea for a zine :relaxed: I think his little heart shaped tongue is what gave it the lovey vibes for me :hugs:
Thanks for sharing the progress pics, I always love to see them.

1 Like