Ingredients

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp ground cinnamon

*2 tsp ground ginger

*1/4 tsp ground cloves

*1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

(in lieu of these three starred ingredients I used Pumpkin Pie Spice-found it at WalMart)

3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened

1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp granulated sugar , divided

1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar

1 large egg

1/4 cup molasses

2 tsp vanilla extract

12 oz. White almond bark (you can also use white chocolate chips)

3 Tbsp shortening

Red and green dye

Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar until well blended. Mix in egg, then blend in molasses and vanilla. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.

Scoop dough out about 1 1/2 Tbsp at a time, shape into balls then roll in remaining 3 Tbsp granulated sugar. Space cookies 2 inches apart, flatten tops just slightly (I used a flat bottomed drinking glass). Bake in preheated oven 8 minutes. Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

In microwave safe measuring cup, melt white almond bark (do not use shortening yet), stir. Dip cooled cookies halfway into melted almond bark. When cookies have been dipped there will be leftover bark, separate into 2 bowls and melt shortening in microwave until fully melted, pour into bowls that contain the melted bark (or chips) and add food dye to desired tint (1 green bowl, 1 red). Using piping bag and small tip (or hole cut in bag) pipe holly berries and vines. This sets up quick so work 1 color at a time and work QUICK.

These are the chewiest gingerbread I have ever eaten and they are melt in your mouth delicious

28 Likes

MMmmmm those look super yummy!!

1 Like

Those are soooo pretty!

1 Like

They look so festive and super yummy!

1 Like

These are beautiful, and sound so delicious!

1 Like

I love gingerbread! I may have to add these to my baking roster this year! They sound yummy and look so pretty.

1 Like

And if you don’t want to put icing on them they’re a great cookie just by themselves

1 Like

These look to pretty to eat!

2 Likes

Those look and sound so good!

1 Like

Yummy AND super posh!

1 Like

i love gingerbread cookies!! my favourite thing about them is the husbeast doesnt like them, so they are all mine!! we are in full blown cookie chaos at work right now, so i SHOULD be full, but i am not. i am tempted to give these a go…hopefully on the weekend. because gingerbread. mmmmm.

1 Like

OMG!!!
I made these! They have to be the best cookies, ever!
I have to make more for Christmas, something happens to the last batch.
Made them just like the recipe, didn’t, and won’t change anything!

2 Likes

Gorgeous! I love how they come out looking like tiny Christmas Puddings.

1 Like

They are BEAUTIFUL!!

1 Like

I made these today. I don’t think you were exaggerating when you said they were the best gingerbread cookies ever. My new favorite recipe! Thank you for sharing!!

1 Like

I know this is an older thread, but these gingerbread cookies look delish!

3 Likes

Hi! Welcome!

1 Like