Give me an "M", Give me the Moon

Way back in Sept of 2021, the US Post Office returned a package to @mellybelly81 in Australia that I had sent in the Scavenger Hunt Swap. I finally was able to mail it about two weeks ago. Now that she has received, I can post this embroidery I did for her (7 months after I made it!).

This was to make something with the letter “M”.

I found one of those sample prints (Thanks to @Camelama who got me addicted to them!) and knew I could embellish the heck out of it. Such an enjoyable project to do while streaming!

21 Likes

That is so incredibly pretty.

1 Like

Absolutely lovely my friend!

1 Like

Wow! Beautifully embellished, gorgeous piece!

1 Like

Lovely!

Please tell me more about these “sample prints”….

3 Likes

On the Spoonflower site, if you type in “embroidery” in the search button, a bunch of panels with round prints come up. If you pick the “swatch” amount, it is perfect to fit into an 6-10 inch hoop. You can embellish as little or as much as you want!

I have done eight of them and have another dozen or so in my stash…they are $5 not on sale but sometimes they go on BOGO!

3 Likes

These embellished pieces are so much fun! I’ve got one sitting in my stash from the last time I hit a Spoonflower sale, and this really makes me want to try it.

And how great that the postal service finally let you get this to its intended recipient! :package:

1 Like

what a cool idea! I have never heard of these samples to embellish – lovely!

and now I’m trying to resist looking on the Spoonflower site… I do NOT need another craft to do!

1 Like

Gorgeous!!! You make each one so personal, I love seeing what you do each time! LOVE.

1 Like

Oh, man! That is GORGEOUS! Also trying to resist falling down the Spoonflower rabbit hole…

2 Likes

M for Magnificent! So glad your beautiful piece finally landed at home.

1 Like

:blue_heart: :cherry_blossom: :first_quarter_moon_with_face: Congratulations! Your lovely stitching is a Featured Project! :last_quarter_moon_with_face: :cherry_blossom: :blue_heart:

1 Like

You found the perfect print. It looks amazing embellished and embroidered.

2 Likes