Glamis Tartan Mosaic Blanket

Update: it was pointed out to me that this isn’t buffalo plaid as the rows aren’t even strips. So I’ve renamed this Glamis Tartan. :hearts:

I finally did it! I created my own overlay mosaic crochet pattern!

I love buffalo plaid, and this is the blanket I just finished and posted on Ravlery.

I also created a few other colorway images that the pattern can be worked in. I want to make them all!

Now I just wish that I could actually USE a blanket that I made. Monkey sadly won’t allow that as he likes to eat crocheted items.

22 Likes

Way to go!

1 Like

That’s gorgeous!

1 Like

Wow, you’ve become quite the master at overlay mosaic crochet. This blanket looks so sharp!

1 Like

It is beautiful! Congrats on making your own pattern as well…it would be lovely in a lot of different colors for sure!

1 Like

This is absolutely the most beautiful thing ever! I bet it’s so warm and cozy.

How unfortunate that you can’t use it. Will you be gifting this to a loved one or selling it? I can’t imagine letting it go after all of that time and effort!

1 Like

Love, love, love!! Congrats on your first mosaic design!!

1 Like

WOW! I love your blanket! Plaid + grey = my wheelhouse!

2 Likes

I. LOVE. THIS.

Seriously, everything about it is perfect.

1 Like

Wow, it looks great! I also love a good plaid.

1 Like

Congratulations on creating such an amazing pattern! It’s one thing to come up with the idea, it’s a whole other thing to actually create the pattern and then have it come out so perfectly!
This looks so cozy and inviting!

Thank you! I’m selling it. If I could actually use my crocheted blankets, I’d probably keep this one. But I already have a crocheted blanket from my great grandmother and another from my grandmother that I use (well, used in the before Monkey times), and idk if I’d use one I made since I have theirs to snuggle under. :heart:

This is awesome! Good for you for creating your own pattern. I have a mosaic pattern to try this week. Looking forward to learning new techniques, so maybe I can try your pattern at some point. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

If you need help, just send me a message and I’d be happy to walk you through anything you need! I look forward to seeing your project :hearts:

1 Like

:rabbit2: :nest_with_eggs: :tulip: This is one hoppin’ craft! And it’s one of our featured projects this week! :tulip: :nest_with_eggs: :rabbit2:

1 Like