Glitter Vinyl Bookmarks

I have recently been excited about sewing with vinyl and saw a picture of something sparkly behind vinyl and I got this idea :slight_smile: I love how they turned out! One is for me and two are for friends.

I cut the vinyl into 2 2.5x8 inch rectangles, sewed three sides together leaving the top open, then filled it up with the stars. I used a funnel made from scrap paper to help get the stars inside. Then I sewed across the top, cut around the outside with pinking shears, popped a hole in the top with a hole punch and added a ribbon tag.

A tip to sew well with the vinyl is to set your machine stitch length to 3, so it’s less of a ‘perforation’ line. Sparkle Sparkle! :sparkles: :sparkles:

16 Likes

These are so cute!

1 Like

What a cool idea! These are awesome!!!

1 Like

that’s clever :star:
I like that they are pretty thin, so putting them in a book doesn’t misshape the pages.

1 Like

Those are so pretty!!

1 Like

Cute! And I’ll bet this would work well with any of those “themed confetti” mixes, too-- way better use than scattering over a tablecloth & then throwing away. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What a fun idea! Thank you for the helpful tip, I’ll keep that in mind, should I sew vinyl.

1 Like

Very clever!!

1 Like