Glow in the Dark Halloween Shirts

There are many things I love about @LuckyDog, but one of the best is his willingness to be my crafty partner in crime. We had been talking for ages about trying layered/multi-coloured HTV patterns, but didn’t have the right motivation to actually try it until I saw this hoodie. I didn’t much care for the price, and thought, “I bet I can make that!” One Etsy search for “pumpkin butt cat svg” later, we got the Silhouette a-hummin’ and came up with this:

GITDS7

I think we centred it on the t-shirt pretty well!

GITDS6

He was somewhat less enthusiastic than I was about having a cat butt on his shirt (fair), so I found a fun PacMan-inspired design for his.

The ghosts should probably be closer to the pumpkin than they are, but we only discovered after adhering the bottom layer of the pumpkin that the overall design would be off-centre if we didn’t move the ghosts to the right. Ah, well.

Because I’m a bit of a sucker for glow in the dark, my moon and stars and his ghosts do indeed glow. I found it a bit nerve-wracking getting my various cut layers to line up perfectly to press them on (probably because it was my first time) and really appreciated the extra set of hands as well as his talking me down when his pumpkin didn’t actually want to stick to the shirt at first and I was ready to chuck it all. Yay for perseverance!

I’m not sure how often I’ll do this kind of thing because my shirt rustles like crazy thanks to the multiple giant pieces of vinyl, but I’m delighted to report that at least I know I can.

Thanks for looking! :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Both of these Halloween Shirts are wonderful! I am a Pac-Man fan and just loved that design!

The cat butt is hilarious!

1 Like

These are so fun and turned out so great! I have yet to tackle a multi-layer HTV project - so nervous!

1 Like

Oh, the PacMan pumpkin is so cute! Cat butt too, but I just love the PacMan shirt.

1 Like

You did a really good job lining up all the layers! Great way to get the shirt you want at a much better price than $60 (especially considering that you managed to find the exact same design)!

1 Like

Same! These are super impressive!!

I bet you could fit another ghost after the pac-man pumpkin if the space bothers you, but it looks great as is!

1 Like

Not going to lie, it was scary at first. I definitely had to go in with the attitude that if it didn’t work, any materials wasted were just the cost of experience.

2 Likes

That’s the way to do it! It has been a years’ long struggle for me to adopt that attitude!

2 Likes

These are fabulous! That cat butt, tho…. :joy:

1 Like

I love glow in the dark stuff! Both designs are great - the Pac Man is my fave though!

1 Like

Pumpkin cat butt, worth it! LOL! That is completely hilarious. Love it! And glad you tackled a crazy project. Now y ou have no limits!!!

1 Like