Gluing glass to glass outside

I’m looking for a strong glue that would hold two pieces of glass dishware together outside. This is to mimic ornaments I have seen which use a rebar stake with a glass plate at the top and then glued on to the plate, facing out horizontally, a glass cup. A couple I talked to a while back at a crafts fair that does this said they found a glue that rarely fails. Naturally, I didn’t ask at the time as I wasn’t interested then. Any suggestions or appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Construction adhesive? E-6000 maybe.

1 Like

Clear, silicone sealant/caulk for exteriors should do the trick!

Thanks, considering the fancy glass cup will be hanging horizontal off the plate (as the plate will be vertical…kind of having the look of a satellite dish :satellite:), do you think that would be strong enough to hold?

I would think so if you support it or leave it level until it is thoroughly cured. It might be worth spending some dedicated time at a hardware store or home center reading all the adhesive packaging! Or if you have a smaller building supply store where the sales staff tend to have more practical knowledge than a big box store, that could be a great source. Often those employees seem to enjoy problems solving.

1 Like

@Efed2412 I do not have any glue advice. However, I see you are new to LettuceCraft. Welcome! This is a very special corner of the internet that is full of some of the kindest and most encouraging people I know. We are glad you joined us!

1 Like

Thank you, looks like a great community. I appreciate your welcome :smiley:

1 Like

The most impressive recommendation I’ve seen for outdoor yard art glue is this one: Outdoor Glue That Really Sticks (Best Garden Art Adhesive)

(GE’s “Silicone II sealant” if you don’t want to click-thru, and I have used this on a few things myself & had no complaints)

1 Like