Go! Go! UFO!

For our printmaking project, we had to make up a cause that wasn’t a real cause and make a linocut poster for it. I went through a few ideas and came up with Say No to UFO’s. I was gunna draw a UFO and cross it out with a red circle cross. :no_entry_sign:. After I designed and printed the UFO I decided it was more Pro UFO and I decided to go with it. I also thought carving out and printing the cross out it would take so much away from my design. I have some printing time in class before it’s due, so I may do it in different colors, I just don’t have them at home.

Here’s some more pictures!!

26 Likes

Really cool!
Did you use carbon paper to transfer the image?

3 Likes

Excellent! My mom still has a print of my highschool lino cut based on a wee figure from one of her vintage skirts. I remember both hating & loving the process. Yours turned out great! Will you try stamp carving on a softer medium next? It’s really fun.

3 Likes

Very cool. Love the design of the UFO. It does read a bit pro, but I agree a big cross through everything would ruin it!

2 Likes

Your theme should be Let’s Go UFO!! I love this. My Dad and I are UFO nuts. We have even traveled to drive by Roswell twice as vacations. Ha!
I love how balanced and graphic the design is. I agree, the red circle would pull away from the composition and obstruct the visual of the UFO, which is amazing.

4 Likes

Very cool!

And the thought of UFOs in real life is both intriguing to me and alarming. Lol!

2 Likes

After my experience, I am going with more alarming than intriguing… :roll_eyes:

I really love the print making process…thanks for sharing. I would definitely not cross anything out.

3 Likes

Very cool image that should not be covered! I would be tempted to print it over the red circle and go with Just Say No to Anti UFO! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

No, I scribbled a dark graphite pencil all over the back of the tracing paper. Almost the same thing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really like Let’s Go UFO! I’m going to steal that. I was thinking about making a small green checkmark in lino like “approved”. I also maybe could get away with doing it in oil pastel.

3 Likes

With a name like @spaceradish, you pretty much had to wind up on the pro UFO side, right? Love your prints!

1 Like

Yes! It’s the Radish mothership! I did some more prints in class with different colors. I’ll share on this post later.

1 Like

Hmmm… sounds like there’s a story here….!

3 Likes

One of my Middle School teacher used to call me Space Child. It’s where 1/2 of my alias comes from.

2 Likes

Some of my prints from class!! The black one is from home.

8 Likes

I love these! they would make an awesome fabric print

2 Likes

Ooh, I’d wear that!

2 Likes

They turned out fantastic!

1 Like

:tulip: :sunflower: Congrats! This project is bloomin’ fantastic and one of this week’s featured projects! :sunflower: :tulip:

2 Likes

Aw yay thank you!!