Goldfinch Clutch BotMC

For my 2020 resolution I decided to get back into sewing. I joined a Bag of the Month Club https://www.bagomc.com/ to push me into trying different patterns and to actually finish a project. I feel like I have a deadline to be complete before the next pattern comes out.
I was pleasantly surprised by the first bag. It was a designer that was new to me. My Mom and I go to plays sometimes and all the purses I normally make for myself are more fun and less sophisticated. This one will be prefect for nicer events. (My normal one says “Attack of the killer Squid” on it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

I really liked the hardware for it. The pattern was written really well, almost too well. They added lots of extras I didn’t feel was necessary. Like having the instructions and then having the instructions with just text, no pictures. And they included a print out of blocks with the pattern piece name on it (Ex. bag body B) to place on your pattern pieces once they are cut out to keep them organized. Nice but overkill to me. If you get the pattern, there is no need to print the entire thing. It also required lots of gluing.
Most of the fabric parts I wanted to highlight ended up being covered up by the vinyl bits so the effect wasn’t exactly what I was envisioning but I still like it. It’s about 11.5" wide x 6.5" tall x 6" deep inside. It is very roomy. It has foam inside to help keep its shape.
Last but not least, here is a shot of my lovely assistant, Yeti Pegleg. Couldn’t resist. She is too cute.

19 Likes

Very sophisticated! I love the “tucked” detail on the front.

Also…you could totally pull off an “attack of the killer squid” purse at a play! :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s lovely Gozer, I was really curious as to what this month’s bag was when I saw the notions list.

I’m looking forward to seeing what you do next month

2 Likes

It looks great. I like the fabric and size. perfect for going out.

And … kitty belly!!!

2 Likes

Awesome bag! Love the hardware too!

2 Likes

That is a fantastic bag! So smart and well made. I love your assistant too - I’m sure she is a great help!

2 Likes

Beautiful work! Your purses are always fabulous!

2 Likes

Excellent fabric for that shape! Great job, gozer!

and YETI!!! SWEET GIRL!

2 Likes

Sweet kitty, and lovely purse :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s cute and wonderful, I love the colours and the details… and the bag is pretty awesome as well XD sorry, couldn’t help myself, but the bag does look nice, I do like the clasp, or what it’s called, it gives the bag something special

1 Like