Goldfish Amigurumi Ornament

Made this for @AuFish for the Ongoing Ornament swap. (Come join us! You can sign up throughout October! OPEN: Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 (SU 9/26-10/30) )

For the little fish, I used these 2 YouTube videos, which explain (in Japanese) how to make a “No Fuss Fish”:

(There are also written directions, in English.)
It was quick and fun to make!

29 Likes

This is just the cutest!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

2 Likes

So cute! Was the fish hard to get in the ornament? I love the use of the sequins (I think?) as the water.

3 Likes

This is really cute!!! I bet she loves it!

2 Likes

It is even better in person! Love it so much!

2 Likes

Super cute ornament!

2 Likes

So cute!! :tropical_fish:

2 Likes

OMG that’s AMAZING and if you are up for making another I will private swap with you any day of the week! lol

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

It was a little challenging to get the completed fish into the ornament. He got pretty squished and I had to use a couple of skewers to try to fluff him back up and spread out his fins.

Yes, those are sequins in the bottom. I thought it would be neat to add a little sparkle.

@roler, maybe I can claim you again sometime in the Ongoing Ornament swap. If not, I’m sure we can arrange a personal swap. :blush:

3 Likes

So, so cute! Squishing the tiny fish into the ornament must’ve been magic! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is adorable and such a clever idea.

2 Likes

THIS IS AMAZING! I love the yarn you used to get the variegated effect. So cute!!! What a treasure to receive, I’m sure.

2 Likes

Thanks! I bought the crochet thread online, a few years ago. Can’t recall where; probably Etsy.

It’s hand-dyed #10 thread. I got it to make a goldfish keychain/purse fob for my niece. Unfortunately, that goldfish would not have fit in the ornament, so I had to look for a pattern for a tinier fish.

1 Like

What a cute idea! I love it!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh that’s so cool!! I love it!

2 Likes

So adorable!

2 Likes

This is so stinkin’ adorable! I am in love with it. I bet she fainted when she saw it. Absolutely wonderful!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Goldfish Amigurumi Ornament is one of this week’s feature projects. Way to go!

4 Likes

Thanks!