Gray Girl TM Patch

I made this TM patch for the Box of Color swap and it was my favorite thing that I made. It was one of those last-minute, let me add something, kind of projects.
I am not entirely sure how TM patches are supposed to be made, so I let myself be free in the interpretation.
This pic is more accurate in the colors.

I drew a quick sketch of a girl on some fabric with a Sharpie and cut it out. Then I embroidered on top of it. I added some seed beads to have a flow coming from her head. I wrapped the edges with a couple of different gray embroidery threads to add interest.
My partner, @JoyfulClover. really liked her so I was very happy.

17 Likes

This is gorgeous!! I love that you drew the girl before embroidering. And the random stitches on the edging? Love that! Your TM patch interpretation is spot on - but also totally unique! Amazing.

3 Likes

She’s so striking! You’ve accomplished a lot of emotion and detail in such a limited palette.

2 Likes

Spectacular! I can see why it was your favorite thing. Really amazing.

2 Likes

I really do love her!!! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

She’s so gorgeous! I love everything about this but I think the randomly stitched border is my favorite part.

2 Likes

How did I not realize you drew the girl?? I must not have been paying much attention! This is fabulous!

2 Likes

Beautiful. Such an elegant simplicity of line

2 Likes

This really is beautiful. For someone who had no idea what they were doing, you sure nailed this well!! If I didn’t know you so well, I might not believe you were clueless about TM patches. :wink:

1 Like

She’s so dreamy and ethereal. Gorgeous!

2 Likes

:woman_genie: Your fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :fairy:

1 Like

Your sewing is as always amazing…but her little face is just the most amazing part for me. Very Margaret Keane and I just love her art.

1 Like