Grey and green striped shawl

This is the Nurmilintu shawl pattern by Heidi Alander. It’s a free download on Ravelry. In the first lace portion I was off in my count, so the pattern shifts in the middle. I am better at written instructions than charts. I wrote out the repeat portion and counted very carefully. The next lace sections went off without a hitch.

This shows the “tree” patterned lace up close.

Unfortunately, the striping of this yarn causes the lace parts to be less visible. I’ve started another shawl with solid yarn.

17 Likes

Very pretty!

It is pretty! I can’t wait to see the solid one, too!

Ooo…beautiful! And thanks for sharing the pattern. I might have to give this a try…someday!

This looks so cozy and I love that little sparkle from the sequins!

Very pretty. Love the colors and sparkle to it

Lovely.

You will find quite a few posts that state that the pattern has errors. It doesn’t; it’s just easy to miss stitches with all the increases and decreases.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback. If anyone wants to try this one, I can give some tips for reducing miscounts of stitches.

1 Like

So pretty and dedication to make another. I like the striped patterning as well and though the lace may not immediately show its a nice texture and surprise too.

1 Like

Lovely!

Very pretty!

I like line-by-line directions as well, but can work with a chart if needed…and then go and immediately try to write them out! ha!

Great, even tension. good job!

Thanks. I think I knit loosely, so I feel like my tension could go south easily.

1 Like

I love the little picot edging. Tedious to stitch, but so worth it! Hope the solid one is going well!

Sorry for delayed reply. Was taking a little break from crafty stuff to put time towards volunteer obligations. Solid color version is almost done. I just need to decide it’s large enough and finish the edge.

1 Like

I finished my solid version in May, but finally washed and blocked it a couple of weeks ago. I made changes to the pattern in order to have the lace portion repeat more often. If you would like to give it a try, let me know and I will post my adjustments.

2 Likes

Wow! This came out gorgeous!! You could totally give it a new, separate post. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming: Didn’t think of that.

Pretty!