Grey Parrot

I created this parrot for the 4x6 swap (during our 4x6 zoom meeting). He’s done using liquid graphite, india ink, white ink, and a touch of metallic watercolor.

I adore the way he turned out.

Initial sketch:

17 Likes

Such fascinating creatures! The couple down the street have 2. Cute but loud, oh my gosh.

2 Likes

Gorgeous!!

1 Like

Thank you, @Magpie & @Bunny1kenobi!

Wow! That metallic watercolor adds just the right something.

1 Like

Absolutely stunning! The life you captured in this creature is unreal! It looks as if you could ruffle those feathers and the eye seems sooooo real.

1 Like

I love this, and the shimmer of light from behind gives him an ethereal look.

1 Like

Oh so lovely! I can just imagine touching those fluffy feathers through the screen :white_heart:

1 Like

Awesome sketch and painting! I’ve been so curious about the graphite watercolors. What do you think of them?

1 Like

Thank you, @Abbeeroad, @Kwality570, @gozer, @PrincessP!

@curiousfae - thank you! I used liquid graphite rather than graphite watercolors. It’s interesting and can be thinned like watercolor or ink to get different values. At full strength it’s a deep grey and has a metallic shine that you can amplify with a bit of buffing. I can send you a bit in a tiny container if you’d like to play with it.

2 Likes

That’d be sweet! I appreciate that.
How about the next time we swap? And I can send the sample of the new granulating watercolors if you haven’t tried them yet. Kinda neat!

1 Like

Ohhhh, definitely a yes!