Grim Grinning Ghosts Come Out to Socialize (Disney Haunted Mansion Costume)

This is less “crafted” and more “assembled” but I think it still is fun and worth sharing. After an agonizing 4.5 years away from visiting Walt Disney World, Love and I went to the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Friday night. The parties are the one time adults are allowed to dress up.

I did my best “tightrope walker” look based on one of the stretching portraits.

The dress was released by Disney many years ago and I added the parasol and of course, the croc by way of a plush I clipped to the pocket of my dress.

I had SO MANY COMPLIMENTS on my outfit! It was so much fun to be back at the parks, and to have all the fun Halloween special things (like fireworks, parade, theming and of course trick-or-treating!)

Two days later, I’m still tired and sore and recovering but it was so worth it! If you love Halloween and Disney, I highly recommend attending a MNSSHP at some point if you can manage it.

(We didn’t even go out of our way for candy and still came home with 8lbs! :rofl: )

19 Likes

Looks like so much fun! The crocodile clipped to the skirt is genius. The parasol is a great match, too.

1 Like

Wow, what a fun night! Your costume is fabulous!

1 Like

How adorable. I love your little touch of the crocodile! It looks like you had so much fun.

1 Like

wow! you look fantastic! totally nailed the portrait, and wowzers on all of the candy!!
glad you had a good time

1 Like

What a great costume! Very well done, and the croc plush is clever.
I miss the parks, the haunted mansion is one of my favorite rides.

2 Likes

You look great and the croc stuffie really sets the outfit off!

1 Like